1. Health

Marcia Purse

I've Been Honored by ShareCare in the Top 10 for Helping People With Depression

By December 17, 2011

ShareCare Top 10 Depression InfluencersShareCare has chosen the Top 10 Online Influencers making a difference in the world of depression, and I'm on their list. Since 1998 I've been working to help people who have bipolar disorder, including, of course, those who must cope with bipolar depression. I'm greatly honored to be recognized by ShareCare!

I'm also proud to be associated with the others on ShareCare's list, which includes Nancy Schimelpfenig of About.com's Depression website - congratulations, Nancy! - along with eight other bloggers and writers who all work as mental health advocates. ShareCare describes us as those who "who help millions of people cope with their depression every month."

Thank you to all my readers who have been listening, asking questions and sharing the answers this year. I owe this award to you.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Learn more or join the conversation!
NEWSLETTER | FORUM | BIO | FACEBOOK | TWITTER
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Comments
December 20, 2011 at 10:48 am
(1) Oldsoldier2411 says:

Richly deserved. And to ALL that seek to educate, THANK YOU

December 20, 2011 at 11:20 am
(2) Mary Anne says:

Way to go! You deserve this. The work you do has made a difference in my life. Thank you

December 20, 2011 at 12:19 pm
(3) Ann Shideler says:

Congratulations. I always come away from your forums with new and beneficial knowledge. Thank you! You’ve answered questions I have many times.

December 20, 2011 at 1:40 pm
(4) Rider3 says:

Congratulations! You more than earned it. Thank you for getting me through the past two years. Some days, I can barely breathe, but your site helps bring my strength back up. Thank you.

December 20, 2011 at 3:04 pm
(5) Karen Tyrrell says:

Congrats Marcia for your recognition on your work on Depression.
Love reading your latest updates and mental health research via your newsletter and Blog … Karen T :)

December 20, 2011 at 7:24 pm
(6) tigress02 says:

Dear Marcia,

Congratulations! As a mental health professional I am impressed with the quality of your newsletter.

December 20, 2011 at 7:50 pm
(7) Nancy Reid says:

Congratulations Marcia ~ I cannot begin to tell you how much I have learned from reading your columns. They have helped me immeasurably in assisting a dear one with the maintenance of bipolar! Thank you and Happy Holidays!

December 20, 2011 at 9:57 pm
(8) Robert says:

It’s great and I always look forward to your posts!!

December 21, 2011 at 6:15 pm
(9) Clarity says:

Marcia , I am delighted for you! I find your blogs enlightening and helpful – keep up the AMAZING work Hun!

December 21, 2011 at 6:41 pm
(10) Suzy says:

Marcia, I’m so glad that you were chosen to be in the top ten, as you definitely deserve that recognition. I love your web site
and the newsletter, that you work so hard on.. Keep up the good work!!

December 27, 2011 at 7:31 pm
(11) CruiseAustin says:

Marcia, as someone else commented “Richly deserved”, says it well. I look forward to the email each week and read it. Living with BP is very isolating so it is good to get that email each week to remind me that I am not alone in this deal. Take care and best wishes! –Sharon

January 11, 2012 at 3:27 am
(12) pat says:

Congratulations to you on your award. You and your column have helped get me through a lot of puzzling symptoms and showed me that i wasn’t alone.