1. Health

Marcia Purse

Connection Between Schizophrenia and Spirituality?

By November 5, 2012

Prayer FrescoReader Tatiana sent in this question. She is talking about schizophrenia, but since hallucinations can also appear in bipolar and other psychotic disorders, I think you, my readers, will have experiences you can share to help answer her questions:
I'm researching schizophrenia for a close person in my life, and I have a question. I've read a lot of stories, and I do see that some people truly need medication; however, I'm starting to see a connection between spirituality and schizophrenia. How many found with their hallucinations that they decided they didn't believe in God or were questioning their spirituality? I'm asking because that is something this person has said.
I have also found quite a few stories of people who say that by praying intensely and/or seeing a spiritual healer, they have been pulled out of the disease. I find this interesting cause scientists really don't know that much about the disease, and it seems that anyone can develop it while under a tremendous amount of stressors in life.

Now, I'm a Christian, and I like to find a healthy mix of science and my faith. I also do recognize that some people are truly gifted, such as a very few psychics and mediums. Has anyone tried to pray schizophrenia away, and if so, what was your experience?

First of all, Tatiana, scientists know more about schizophrenia (and other psychotic disorders) than you realize. It isn't true that "anyone" can develop the illness because of being under stress. For one thing schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, psychotic depression, etc., all have a strong genetic component. In addition, people who are not under severe stress can develop these conditions.

Whether it is possible to "pray away" a mental illness is a question I can't answer. I personally haven't known anyone who was successful, and I have known deeply devout people with bipolar who felt they should be able to get well through faith and prayer and were deeply distressed when their symptoms continued. Delaying needed treatment in this way can be dangerous, as the illness can become worse the longer it goes untreated.

As you've noticed, there can be a strong religious connection to people who experience psychosis, and I wrote about this in Religion and Bipolar Disorder.

Now I ask readers to respond. Has your illness decreased your belief in a deity or made you question your spirituality? Or have you achieved mental health through prayer and faith? If so, please talk about your experience.

Photo: Kalierin / Morguefile

Learn more or join the conversation!
NEWSLETTER | FORUM | BIO | FACEBOOK | TWITTER
Comments
November 5, 2012 at 9:01 pm
(1) Royal Boston says:

I am both dyslexic and, a little, schizophrenic. Let me first say that neither is a psychotic disorder. Both have to do with the way I process sensory data. Dyslexia means that the data stream that enters my mind is organizedly differently from what is called normal. Schizophrenia means that the boundary between what is external and what is internal is not so clear as most people claim that it is. I do not fimd that any religious or spiritual analysis is particularly useful. What I find I need to do in order to get along in the world is to pay close attention to my experience, both cognitive and affective, and to learn to pay attention to the social cues that others are sending to me. The major lesson that I have learned from this discipline is that what I am doimg is really
no diiferent from what everyone needs to do to live a
in order to live a fully human life.

November 6, 2012 at 7:31 am
(2) Pat says:

I am schizophrenic and I have found the persuit of spirituality only makes the condition worse. As I am now I would say I am strongly leaning towards atheism. I feel spirituality does nothing to help the condition as at its core is a belief that the paranormal can effect our reality. The truth is that their is no evidence for this. I am aware and have insight into how psychosis acts without out any morality or design. It responds only to how stressed the brain is. It took me quite a while of experimenting with different belief systems , guaging and analysing the results before I came to the conclusion that halucinations , delusions , etc are as a result of malfunctioning biology in the brain. I wish I could tell you something else but thats my experience.

November 6, 2012 at 9:48 am
(3) Bill MacPhee says:

I was stricken with Schizophrenia when I was 24. I was hospitalized 6 different times, lived in 3 group homes and had a suicide attempt. Today I am married have 3 children and a business. I give all the credit to my Christian faith. When I tried suicide that was me who ended my life. Every thing from that on is what the Lord has done for me. I still take meds, at one time I tried to go off and relapsed. I have been living with Schizophrenia for over half my life medication is the foundation but not the total answer, you need to pick up the pieces of your life.

Bill

November 6, 2012 at 11:09 am
(4) Diane Minton says:

I have had bipolar 1 with mania and mixed states for 30+ years taking lithium for all the time, also took lorezepam, now on seroquel and vistaril as needed, 200 mg of seroquel and 600 lithium at bedtime along with synthroid. I am still not sure if there is some schizophrnia involved. I am a professional writer now and for 25 yrs taught HeadStart. I never had one job for more than 3 yrs at a time. I am trying for disability since I also have had and still do have bipolar migraines with aura which is a hell of its own. I converted to Catholicism 4 yrs ago, I was brought up in Pentecostalism and am sure that that had an affect on my illness, since i practiced it before being diagnosed. I feel sorry for people who believe lies. I am about to begin my bio…and you can read my writing on Hubpages.com. I am highly creative, intelligent and was trying for Masters and PHD in education when the most recent mania and depression hit 4 yrs ago. I am not happy unless I am creating and achieving. Maybe this will sync with your question, I believe that religion and creativity go hand in hand and that God gives creative Genius to those who can handle the pain that it includes in their minds.

November 6, 2012 at 11:49 am
(5) Lynette says:

I have Bipolar II with depression, Anxiety, Aspbergers Spectrum disorder, ADHD. I am a Christian who struggles with the idea that God could love or use me. Not because I feel oppressed by my illnesses, but because of the bad behavior (sin) that is often expressed because of my depression, anxiety and general emotionalism. I am a weak believer. Could I do better? Make better choices? I’m not sure. Is there a reason I go through these illnesses? Perhaps to ultimately help others? There are lots of questions and few answers for the mentally ill. Is my Christianity a product of the illness ( the strong religious connection for those with Bipolar and other mental illnesses) and less a product of true belief? One thing I do know; creativity and mental/emotional pain often go together. I write, think, study, and hope to make these a career. Perhaps God can use both to produce blessings for others of similar circumstances. So take the meds, “pray without ceasing” even when you don’t know, study the illness and the Word, and wait for an answer. I think that’s all anyone can do.

November 6, 2012 at 12:43 pm
(6) Maggie says:

Lynette: I just wanted to say how much I totally understand your comments ! Even now I am really struggling with the exact same questions. It is so hard to pray and read the word when God seems so far away. I do pray however that we both will find the answers.

November 6, 2012 at 1:12 pm
(7) Tiffany says:

This is my personal testimony as a Christian in my walk with Christ. I had a very personal experience with one church I went to. I have anxiety and depression, and was showing symptoms of fibromyalgia though was undiagnosed at the time. The moment I joined the church they tried to lay hands on me to cure me. It didn’t work. They told me it seemed apparent my symptoms was caused by a demon, and claimed to have spiritual discernment of it. They did more anointing me and praying in tongues and still no cure. In fact, my symptoms got incredibly worse. Since it worsened they said I was in a spiritual battle and it was normal for this to happen. When it still didn’t cure they tried to tell me I needed to work on more faith, I needed to pray more. They even dissuaded me from seeing my doctor or taking my medications because doing so “showed a lack of faith in God” and I needed to trust God more instead of people.
Now I never lost my faith in God, I prayed and studied my bible and got to a point where I felt my faith was so strong I could “move mountains.” Yet I was never cured, I felt so guilty and in despair. Even unworthy wondering if God had forsaken me. They kept pushing me to get prayed over and “slain in the spirit.” Just to get them to stop I even faked feeling better for a while.
But the more I studied, and the more I learned and the closer I got to God… I realized God doesn’t always answer the way we expect Him to. I’m not saying there aren’t miracles and healings, but more often than not God works through simple means. It could be leading you to the right doctor, reminding you to take your pills on time, sending someone to you to give you the right advice, or help you along the way. More often than not he works through other people, and that includes doctors and psychiatrists. And he may not always take away your problems, but he can give you the strength to get through them or the wisdom to deal with them.

November 6, 2012 at 1:13 pm
(8) Tiffany says:

You shouldn’t give up on praying but never feel bad if God doesn’t answer how you expect him to. His ways are not our ways, and He works in mysterious ways. He never forsakes us and He always loves us.
And never let someone jump to the conclusion that your problems are from a demon. Just because they can’t see it doesn’t mean it doesn’t have a true physical cause. That’s the big challenge with invisible illnesses. But there is enough scientific evidence to show there IS a physical reason for mental disorders. It’s not just in your head. And it’s not your fault.

November 6, 2012 at 1:33 pm
(9) Sam Kaye says:

Bipolar, schizophrenia, clinical depression, and mixed elements of all of these have been proven to be bio-neurological in origin … this has been evidenced through
active MRIs, active brain imaging of neurorecepors and
neurotransmitters. To treat the brain as if it is somehow
detached from the rest of the body, as if it is not a part of our entire neurology is absurd. This is a biological illness, and to treat people as if it is their fault and their inability to properly believe in God is ridiculous and insulting. To suggest medication should not be used to
treat these illnesses is even dangerous. With all that being said, some have spoken of their belief in God that does give them strength to deal with the unfair stigma and thoughtless reactions of many uninformed about the
nature of their illness. Would these same bloggers, and people who callously stifmatize those with mental illness condemn someone with Parkinsons, Alzheimers or Epilepsy as “horrid weak people of no faith who just want attention” … or realize mental illness is of a neurobiological nature, the same as those mentioned.

November 6, 2012 at 1:54 pm
(10) s. kaye/corrected,edited says:

active MRIs, active brain imaging of neuroreceptors and
neurotransmitters. To treat the brain as if it is somehow
treat these illnesses is even more dangerous.
With all that being said, some have spoken of their belief in God as that which does give them the strength to deal with the unfair stigma and thoughtless reactions of those who are uninformed about the nature of their illness. Would these same bloggers, and people who callously stigmatize those with mental illness condemn someone with Parkinsons, Alzheimers or Epilepsy as “horrid weak people of no faith who just want attention” … or realize mental illness is of a neurobiological nature, the same as those mentioned. Maybe some actual compassion toward those who suffer from these life interrupting illnesses would go a long way toward alleviating the pain of the accompanying alienation, rather than using false and holier than thou statements like “their just not religious enough” as a hammer to bring them down, only in order to justify and elevate your own bogus self proclaimed egotistical self- righteousness

November 6, 2012 at 2:02 pm
(11) s.Kaye/typos edited says:

Bipolar, schizophrenia, clinical depression, and mixed elements of all of these have been proven to be neuro/ biological in origin … this has been evidenced through
active MRIs, active brain imaging of neuroreceptors and
neurotransmitters. To treat the brain as if it is somehow
treat these illnesses is even dangerous. With all that being said, some have spoken of their belief in God as that which give them the strength to deal with the unfair stigma and thoughtless reactions of many uninformed about the nature of their illness. Would these same bloggers, and people who callously stigmatize those with mental illness condemn someone with Parkinsons, Alzheimers or Epilepsy as “horrid weak people of no faith who just want attention” … or realize mental illness is of a neurobiological nature, the same as those just mentioned above.

November 6, 2012 at 3:24 pm
(12) Jane says:

My husband had his first Bipolar episode last year at the age of 38 after a traumatic event. He quickly got help and was diagnosed with Bipolar 1. He has a great team of professionals assisting him to manage the disease and is able to live a “normal” life.

We are both atheists and before the episode we were both accepting of other peoples beliefs. Since the episode religion has become a trigger for him. If he hears someone say bless you or thank god, sees something about religion on tv etc he starts ranting about people being deluded, how dangerous religion is in this world etc. He is just so passionate about it it worries me.

Has anyone else become obsessed by religion (for or against) and does anyone know why this would happen?

November 6, 2012 at 3:27 pm
(13) sue says:

i have bi-polar schizoaffective disorder im not very religious although throughout my life i have seen religious visions not knowing they were hallucinations i was only 16 when it started i didnt go to a doctor until i had a complete breakdown at 30 i lost my 3 children since i couldnt care for them i was put on various meds it wasnt until last year when i came of my meds at 50 that i became interested in god angels the meaning of life etc, i was totally psychotic delusional ,i c ouldnt find enough reading i was having very religious experiences including demons i was hospitalised and put back on meds now after 2 years trying to get the right meds i still have flashbacks and memory loss my dvice is not to come off meds it has made things a lot worse for me. i dont hear voices anymore my mood is stable. what id like to say to religios groups dont say that psychotic people are possesed its not helpfull .they need looking after till the episode has passed and hopefully they can avoid unintentially killing themselves.

November 7, 2012 at 2:59 am
(14) Suzy says:

My sister has Schizophrenia and I have Bipolar II. We were diagnosed at different times in our lives. When my sister was dx’d, she was only 17 (I’m 6 years younger than her) and I was dx’d at 23. Either way, we were both young – and I believe most folks are dx’d at a younger age, rather than older.

Anyway, we both got into religion, but in a very scary way.. My sister had a lot of psychosis in the beginning of her illness and would leave pictures of friends inside catholic churches.. She used to pray to keep the devil away from them.. Me? I thought everyone else had something up their sleeve to entice me into Satanism, but it was all psychosis.

It was a scary time, however my sister is now 53 and started Clozaril a few years ago and is really a different person.. She goes to church every Sunday, and I wish I could say the same about myself!

November 7, 2012 at 3:40 am
(15) Rubyroy varghese says:

My mother was a Bipolar disorder case.The Asian females are prone to get severe long term depression,especially people in Kerala,because even now they live under various restraints.The females are not allowed to talk or have fun with a male even if it is their own father.They are restricted and patterned to certain type of hysteria which has all the symptoms of bipolar disorder.When you are married then you are not supposed to have an opinion different from your husband,If you vocalize your difference of opinion you are viewed as upstart.If you study the south Indian population you will be amazed whether anybody here has a positive belief about anything,both male and female.The only thing that strengthen them to continue life is sustained and strong religious solace.

November 7, 2012 at 8:58 am
(16) Tamara says:

I am a devout Christian and the wife of a minister, but when I had my first full-blown manic episode, I was losing my faith in God. I felt so good for the first time in my life, having experienced so much depression over the years, before I was finally diagnosed as bipolar. I felt that my euphoria was due to my own powers and in breaking free from “religious constraints” that sucked the fun out of my life. I felt so good that I thought I didn’t need God in my life. On my way back to recovery, I have found that faith and prayer have been instrumental in bringing me back to a healthy balance and I am ever thankful to the Lord for strength and guidance.

November 7, 2012 at 10:58 am
(17) Mary says:

If you grow up with religion, and later have a psychosis disorder, you may attribute auditory hallucinations to the voice of God. Schizophrenia is a developmental or degenerative brain disease, with tons of available research, and it’s a lifelong illness that people are able to manage to varying degrees. The delusional imagery and explanations people come up with when actively psychotic “make sense” for them in relation to their lives and experiences.

November 7, 2012 at 2:01 pm
(18) Pat says:

Mary:Their is no emperical evidence to suggest that this condition is degenerative either biologically or cognitively. Where acute psychotic episodes exist in most cases with therapy a person will recover. Of course because this is schizophrenia this see sawing might occur for a lifetime. That does not mean the condition is degenerative.

November 7, 2012 at 6:00 pm
(19) richard foulkes jnr says:

Bipolar,schizophrenia,paranoia-all exist, I have been labelled rightly and wrongly had my diagnosis changed etc..to me all diseases of the mind are real and with everyone, to me mental illness is an attachment to this creation. The one lifetime only idea, divorced from the wheel of reicncarnation and past lives. Of which we suffer from illness caused by our actions in past lives. the karmic law , as ye sow so shall ye reap.Hence hearing voices,delusions, believing we were other characters is a direct hint to our last lives. Those who have committed hienous crimes in past lives often see what they have done.This causes immense mental anguish.Conversely the spiritual pull to leave this mind and body is the other side of the coin. Going to the light, hearing the spiritual sounds within leaving the physical body, going within..these are bonafide stages of spiritual processes.Where the practitioner is guided from the third eye and the mind and body is concentrated at this centre, So when we look at mental illness it is merely part of the law of karmas ,actions caused in past lives, If we are attached to this body,this ego tthis race,this creation WE will suffer. And we do. In my life I have been misdiagnosed so many times had to put up with all kinds of meds,but I dont mind because I know now I am not bipolar. I am unipolar laways high and I must watch my sleep,diet,water intake and rest as I am very active because of my extremely good moods..hahaha ys I take my lithium, I meditate have stopped drinking 20 years,not used drugs A,B,C no smoking am a lactovegetarian, have a spiritual treacher for 20 years. I believe all mental illness is an attachment to this creation,politics,religion,race,social class..and we get better by avoiding eating eggs,meat,fish,drinking alcohol,taking A,B,C drugs and avoiding bad actions-ths limiting the negative reactions, manifesting in mental or physical illnesses. (see http://www.rssb.org) this organisation has helped me.

November 7, 2012 at 8:23 pm
(20) Rita says:

I am diagnosed OCD and Bipolar II with co-existing Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. I have been informed that one symptom of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy is hyperreligiosity. However, I have also suffered from definite hereditary depression and OCD my whole life. My OCD was fixated mostly upon religion and it was an unholy curse. I was constantly obsessed with whether or not I was going to hell and with fears of dying which, 40 years later, still plague me. I have found that, instead of helping, focusing upon religion and prayer have been a nightmare, causing exhausting compulsions like constantly scanning the Bible or other religious books till all hours of the night trying to somehow prove to myself that I am safe; that I won’t die or go to hell; that God doesn’t hate me.The more I focus on religion, the worse it gets. It has caused extreme anxiety, panic attacks, and GERD. The Bipolar was only diagnosed this year at 51 after years of being variously misdiagnosed as multiple personality, BPD, schizo-affective, ADHD, etc. This was for decades, mismedicated with antidepressants, benzos which left me catatonic, and ECT. Because my son was diagnosed recently with Bipolar my latest psychiatrist put me on lamictal and I am so much better I can hardly believe my good fortune, although I still have some very bad depression. Part of the endless misdiagnoses, I am told, is that the Tegretol for my seizures often masks manic episodes. This is probably more than you wanted to know but I’m hoping it will help someone.

November 8, 2012 at 12:41 am
(21) Pat says:

I was raised in a strict Lutheran school where most of the services seemed to concentrate on how bad we were and how awful it was for our savior to suffer to give us salvation. We only had a few days of celebration. (Sound like a bipolar cycle?) All this sadness fed into my depressions as a child and I had to leave the church when I reached college because my depressions could not handle all the guilt I was given in the church for not being perfect.

November 22, 2012 at 3:32 am
(22) Gloria Avyer says:

I have suffered from depression and bulimia and am married to a man with bipolar, narcissism, and borderline personality disorder who even with 12 different doctor diagnoses, lithium, and lamactil he denis all and blames me for every aspect of his life. the ONLY thing that has truly worked for me is spirituality. I have long been blessed by a strong faith and the last ten years of this tumultuous marriage have made me TOTALLY depend on God, be obedient to God and it has worked. I am at peace, filled with joy, raise three remarkable children, and love life. Our society is set up in every way to fight against such peace with hectic schedules, unreal expectations and values, over computerization, etc. so it takes a HUGE effort to unplug, reject most surrounding influences and seek God. But today, as I lose my marriage and all my financial security (I have an MBA from Harvard) I am tilled with Thanksgiving that I have my faith, an incredible fulfilling live, and amazing children (worth repeating). I have written some blogs on this subject and would love your feedback. here is a glimpse:Jesus does offer us his yoke. Letís try it on. “He even promises that when we take up His yoke our load will be light. … http://www.gloriasavyer.com/1/post/2012/11/unredeemable-sin.html
God Bless,
Gloria

February 14, 2013 at 4:42 pm
(23) Roger S says:

You say that you are a Christian but believe that mediums and psychics are ‘truly gifted’. That is not what the bible says. The bible explicity forbids seeking the aid of mediums and or psychics.

None of it is from God. God has revealed truth in His word, the Bible. It is absolute. It is not to be tampered with. TRUE Christians do not want to find a good mix between science and faith. True science affirms everything in the bible but as it is practiced today, most scientists who deny scripture have no authority to speak about spiritual things.

Anything that decreases your belief in the one TRUE GOD is not from God. How can you trust anything that is against Christ? If you are a true Christian this is a no brainer.

March 25, 2013 at 12:25 pm
(24) Stephanie says:

Yes because they think or thought i was posessed because i often thought why me or all the time! Or i’m acting up for attention i get very confused or very mad at me because an want it all to go away an be normal but because i live with schizophrenia an bipolar it’s a trouble thing to me but i deal with it 24/7 since i was19 years old.

June 3, 2013 at 12:53 pm
(25) Newbornspirit says:

I have been reading all of your comments and noticing a pattern. A lot of the comments have religion in common with the negative aspects of ascension..the paranoia, the scanning the bibles in abject terror etc..it all stems up because the bible has very few truths sprinkled in with a lot of lies that are inserted to subjugate the mass population. If we don’t ever raise our consciousness level, we never see reality for what it really is.
The reason I think people have negative reactions that get labelled such things as schizophrenia etc is because the negative aspects of the bible override the good aspects. When you fill your mind with stories of hate and sorrow in the bible and you are basically threatened with hell if you don’t submit, to me, it’s not surprising that you end up paranoid..or labelled. My mum was labelled as schizophrenic. She has had premonitions all her life but she was Christian – and she blamed herself for the premonitions when the bad ones came true. I think this is a very stark move by the men above the men in power – to keep the mass consciousness closed down. If you fear things, you don’t try things. My grandmother (mothers mum) also had premonitions..so how do we know the “gene” that runs through all “schizophrenics” isn’t a mediumship gene?

June 3, 2013 at 12:55 pm
(26) Nadine Grant says:

After 28 years of being a negative atheist – I have left it behind and I have never felt happier or more liberated in my life. Now I am spiritual…Which I have come to realise is all based on the fact that everything works on a vibratory level – even us…the lower vibrations attract the lower vibration spirits so that is why reading about hate and fear and death and “RULES” in the bible is attracting demons etc. Like attracts like.
I meditate every day and have left my design degree to develop my new path as a clairvoyant medium and developing spiritually for me has been, on the whole, very positive. Now I know any vibration we put out, we get back..this is why extremely negative people always attract more and more negativity on themselves. Through other people. Other people mirror an issue going on in our own life.

June 13, 2013 at 10:13 am
(27) Mark Swan says:

Whether we practice religion or not, our minds or “spirit” reside in a “spiritual world” and while we are alive our perception of this inner world is masked by the overwhelming power of our physical senses. The spirit animates the physical body and receives the sense information being processed by the brain. A healthy brain is necessary to have normal experiences but the brain does not create or hold memories or attitudes or perceptions we experience. These are spiritual and stay with us when we die. All life experiences are due to the interaction of the spirit and the body. People with Schizophrenia have abilities to perceive the spiritual world and interact with it. Because this world is a mystery to the mental health professionals the person is considered delusional when in fact the experiences he has are real but just taking place in the spiritual world which has none of the constraints of the physical world. Its quite valid to hear voices or have other spirits impact your perceptions because our minds are immersed in this spiritual world. The universal laws governing these interactions are meant to keep them separate and so the normal healthy person can live his entire life without really being conscious of it at all. Its when we make some life choices or suffer trauma etc that the protective barriers are weakened and spiritual entities get into our conscious life. Drugs and addictive habits are key ways we get to realise that forces outside ourselves are interacting with and controlling our choices. Most people would agree that at the point of giving into a weakness or an addiction, its as if a host of spirits are surrounding us and urging us to do it. The spirits surrounding us get the rewards of the addictive behaviour and use the person as the means to get it.

June 20, 2013 at 5:40 am
(28) Steven Altman says:

There is absolutely no question that schizophrenia can be “treated” and effectively “cured” through a spiritual solution. Medication is a minimally effective band aid. Our collective experience is that at best medication provides only modest relief and no genuine peace and happiness for the pain and mental anguish suffered most minutes of every day by persons with this disease, illness, disorder – however it may be described.
Through what Emmit Fox called “scientific prayer” that suffering may be relieved forever. Is it easy? No.
does it and will it work? Absolutely. Of that i am certain.
All that is needed is a willingness to be open to the solution.

October 4, 2013 at 11:59 am
(29) Nicole Lynn Patti says:

spiritual warfare, not with Christ and therefore not with God, they need RCIA [rite of christian initiation for adutts] for healing and reconciliation through Jesus to God their Father to be saved.

October 4, 2013 at 6:49 pm
(30) MrRipsta says:

WOW Some of these comments make me sick!!
Judging people and giving them a name you just have a matured mentality of a school bully
Some people think they can read a book about a subject and their knowledge is absolute
Trust and believe in Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior

October 9, 2013 at 4:58 pm
(31) tripathi says:

Hello,
I respect both science and faith, On an average 2 times a week while in tough times almost everyday i go through suicidal thoughts. In toughest of time i feel a so called state of hallucination as defined by Science. But the same state which is termed as disease (hallucination) as per science actually helps me in dealing with suicidal thoughts.I usually feel very good when i see people who dont exist physically though i am not sure whether they really dont exist as they can be the part of another dimension which is yet to be cracked by science. Its an unsolved mystery but than you are born to feel it.

October 12, 2013 at 9:16 pm
(32) Sean says:

First of all it should be made clear that science is incomplete.
Religion too is also a form of incompleteness.

Thus this is why both of them still can and do exist at the same time.

In the world of religion it is said that another side of reality exists. It is called the spirit world. The world of science excludes such a side called the spirit world.

In technical words, there is the inside of reality, and there is also the outside.

Presently these two sides are being kept separate via the separation between science and religion.

The laws of physics on the inside are different than the laws of physics on the outside. Today’s physicists only accept the laws of physics on the inside, and do so thanks to the separation between science and religion. Thus whenever an event is being governed from the outside, it has today’s physicists totally baffled.

Thus today’s physicists still do not understand Particle/Wave Duality, nor Action at a Distance, nor Entangled Pairs, nor Collapse of the Quantum Wave, nor Delayed Quantum Erasure, etc.

They are totally baffled, yet they choose to remain ignorant.

This applies to all fields of today’s science.

Thus while looking at only one half of reality, scientists are certain that the so called Schizophrenia is nothing but a mental illness. Thus they can not see that this act is no less than an act of a madman.

How can one see the whole by looking at merely a half of the whole ?

January 8, 2014 at 8:49 pm
(33) Jessica says:

I can’t fit my story in the 2000 characters, but please give it a look as I will put it in the URL and here.

February 23, 2014 at 8:41 pm
(34) Jason Pollick says:

Hey guys,
Figured I would give some input out there. I was diagnosed with Psychotic Disorder (DOS) and have had it for 5 years. I was out of reality and there were many stressors. I was going to college to become a therapist (how ironic!) I also worked at two places trying to support myself. Then one day it hit me. I went to two hospitals for a total of one year of my life. Now, I’m a true Christian. If it weren’t for God, Jesus, and the power of the Holy Spirit, I’d be dead due to suicide. For those people who believe this is hell, I say there is a hell, a lot worse than this. There is also heaven, where I want to go when I leave this earth. Anyway for those who are diagnosed with a mental disorder, hang in there, work with the pros. and get the meds you need. Life is precious, and it’s short. We need to recognize how blessed we truly are. God bless you all who read this…if you’re afraid to pray, just say Jesus, there is power in the name. Great Healing for all!!

March 27, 2014 at 8:55 pm
(35) Alex says:

At six , in my early chilhood I step on the land of schizophrenia.

Tha happened during a nightmare in wich I started praying an
our father.Happily I could go back to the normal field. Sincé then
Ikept praying a lot daily.