1. Health

Marcia Purse

Is There a "Cure" for Bipolar Disorder?

By January 31, 2013

Every now and then I get an email from someone asking this question. Now that it's apparent that bipolar disorder is a physical illness that affects mind and mood, perhaps more people will start asking if there's a cure. Unfortunately, the answer is no - there's no cure for bipolar disorder at present.

Part of the reason lies in the complex set of factors that cause bipolar disorder. We know that heredity plays an important role - but what about people who have manic depression and don't have any family history of the illness? This aspect hasn't been studied much. Are there recessive genes involved? We don't know. Gene therapy may one day offer hope for better treatment, but that's a long way off.

But while there isn't a cure, there is remission. With the right treatment, many people go for years - even decades - being symptom-free. Some say they did it themselves by changing their lives, adding meditation or prayer, or using sheer willpower. Others point to nutritional remedies such as TrueHope, which some find useless and others swear by. And for many, the solution is medications, which studies are showing work best when combined with talk therapy of some kind.

Remission is stability - and that's what most of us are hoping for: a stable, productive and harmonious life.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Learn more or join the conversation!
NEWSLETTER | FORUM | BIO | FACEBOOK | TWITTER
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Comments
June 1, 2010 at 4:49 am
(1) Karen Tyrrell says:

Hi I’m Karen,
a Mental Health advocate from Australia.
I’ve written a book “Me and Her: a Memoir of Madness”.
Its about my struggle and triumph over Bipolar Disorder.
I’m in Remission, Recovered but NOT cured. I have developed my own Wellness Plan to keep me stable and healthy.
I understand my triggers and work hard to avoid them.
You CAN recover too.
Cheers,
Karen :) )

June 1, 2010 at 6:46 am
(2) Halaluani says:

If people do not exhibit symptoms for decades how do you KNOW this isn’t a cure? Another issue is that misdiagnosis/overdiagnosis is rampant.

It’s not rare for life changes (fueled by therapy of a self-designed plan), and/or nutritional adjustments (include supplements in this) to bring about big, long term (aka permanent) change in people diagnosed as having BP d/o.
I lived for 6 years with a woman diagnosed as having bipolar disorder. She had been on Social Security Disability for 12 years. In two years, she was off all medication and working a full time, challenging job with no apparent symptoms. That was 10 years ago. She has yet to run into any problems and now is a store manager for a large “Big Box” store working well over 40 hours a week regularly.

Had any psychiatrist taken the time to ask about her diet she never would have spent 12 years on medication. Her diet consisted of boxed macaroni and cheese, cookies, and ice cream with twice weekly trips to Kentucky Fried Chicken.

The first three weeks I lived with her I saw neither a vegetable or fruit in her diet. After a dietary change and an aggressive regimen of supplements, it took less than a month for huge changes to occur in emotional stability.

She was on three medications that we then very slowly reduced one by one over a period of 2 years (done faster resulted in a withdrawal syndrome. You experienced this when you stopped one antidepressant and forgot to refill another but you misinterpreted your experience, and seemingly still do, as a flare up of symptoms kicked off by an event in your life).

This person is not unique. I’ve worked with scores of others with a BP diagnoses to conclusions as successful as this one.

I think with all the lies and manipulations by the pharmaceutical industry and Dr. Joseph Biederman that it is an injustice to tell people BP is a lifetime sentence. The more realistic answer is that medicine as practiced today has no current cure for BP disorder.

March 16, 2011 at 7:40 am
(3) napoleon mendoza says:

this is a good story. my son is diagnosed with BP just recently. Perhaps I could still help him with alternated meds. How can i contact u.

Mr. Mendoza

May 9, 2011 at 1:27 am
(4) SawHole says:

Bipolar disorder is a sometimes fatal and serious disease. It needs medication, not fruit and vegetables. Leave it to your son’s doctor to treat him. Halaluani is barking up the wrong tree.
Bipolar 2 patient.

May 10, 2011 at 12:45 pm
(5) JB3 says:

Halaluani,

I understand that you have spent a great deal of time around people with BP who have gone on to lead medication-free lives… but my main question to you is: Exactly what kind(s) of degree(s) or certification do you have to work with people with BP?

September 11, 2011 at 9:47 am
(6) Paul says:

I have been diagnosed as bipolar for nearly 3 years now. My diet has always consisted of vegetables and I am not one that snacks on junk food. Yet I still have to take 1000mg of lithium, 300mg of quetiapine, 150ml of sertraline as well as 7.5mg zopiclone so I can go to sleep on a night time.

I have tried adding more vegetables to my diet as well as changing my diet altogether and once reducing medication have suffered severe bipolar episodes.

I think the advice you have given can work for some people and not for others. After doing a bipolar test and answering yes to all the questions, which is a definate bipolar diagnosis, I have realised that your advice is not suitable for me although it may be for other people.

I urge people not to just follow the advice given above, but to discuss it with a psychiatrist and a dietician before making any changes, as if when having a depressive episode you feel like self harming or suicide, then you could just be making things worse.

September 11, 2011 at 9:51 am
(7) paul says:

Check it out

September 11, 2011 at 9:54 am
(8) Paul says:

Also, although this has nothing to do with a change of diet helping your situation, after some research I have found that:

Lithium should not be taken for more than 3-5 years as can cause damage to the kidneys.

Even worse is quetiapine:

For those taking more than 300mg a day:

possible development of tardive dyskinesia, and incurable neurological disorder.

life threatening neuroleptic malignant syndrome (rare)

cataracts – get eyes tested every 6 months

increased risk of death relative to other analyzed treatments.

affects the adrenergic system (casoconstriction) causing problems with the cerebral blood flow and circulatory system in general.

Long term use can reduce life expectancy and cause brain damage.

All of which they fail to tell you in the leaflets supplied with the medication.

Hence I have booked a appointment with my psychiatrist next week to discuss coming off my medications. I am starting CBT next month and hope to learn to cope with bipolar without the medication.

The information I have been suppiled above can be found at:

Lithium – en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium

Quetiapine -en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetiapine

I hope this helps. Will update my progress in the next couple of weeks to try and offer some different advice for which diet changes havent helped.

October 27, 2011 at 2:20 am
(9) dd says:

is it really true?is ur partner no more on medication for BP anymore??

June 1, 2010 at 8:13 am
(10) Andrew says:

Thank you for pointing out that there currently is no set cure instead of just flat out insisting there is no cure. As you pointed out we know very little about this condition so it’s impossible to know if there is a cure. PLUS there are so many misdiagnosed people these days (with BP being a pharma darling) that sometimes a “cure” is discovered when the real problem is uncovered (a thyroid for example).

November 19, 2011 at 4:24 pm
(11) Stephanie says:

Very good point, Andrew. Of COURSE there’s a cure. It just hasn’t been discovered yet. I am dealing with a bipolar son and I get so tired of the negative attitudes, professionals who can’t see out of the box, who are not even willing to consider other options.. In my son’s case, I’m almost 100%convinced it is due to multi-generational epigenetic inheritance. Epigenetics may hold the key to lots of conditions–it’s already been implicated in diabetes and obesity, which are in turn linked to REAL CONDITIONS in the lives of the previous generations that initially triggered the condition in offspringm, and cause it to be passed on. It may be that there are other unidentified factors in the case (above) of the woman who claims to help bipolar people by adjusting their diet to include fruits and vegetables. Maybe that is why it works for some and not others–maybe there are some conditions at work that are actually counteracting the (malleable) epigenetic burden on the dna. I think of epigenetics as the software of dna–if it can be rewritten once, it can be rewritten again. More minds need to be thinking on this subject and get over themselves and their negativity.

June 1, 2010 at 9:21 am
(12) Susie Smith says:

I think Marcia is talking of those who are truly diagnosed with BP1 or 2. There are some people that are. My Husband is one. I first hoped so much for a “cure” but marcia is right…there is only remission. Which makes things hard because an episode might be around the corner. URGH. My husband is going on 3 years with no hospital visits. I am so proud of him! So it is possible. How do I know he is not cured, having not been hospitalized in 3 years??? I see that he has mild symptoms associated with BP1, but nothing that requires a visit to the hospital. So, while he is not cured, he is better. That is what you can hope for. As a side note, he eats well, does not drink caffeine, does not drink booze, and exercises regularly. I think that is part of the KEY. Also, he has me, who watches him and when he is getting hyper manic, I tell him to get to sleep pronto. I think it resets his brain. In a few days or even the next day, he is balanced. Anyhow, that is my thought. I know we all want a cure, but all things (even bad) happen for a reason. Think about how much you have learned and grown as a human being?

June 1, 2010 at 10:30 am
(13) Rigidflexibility says:

I, in addition to being a Type 1 Rapid Cycling BiPolar (severe) am a recovering Alcoholic and have severe PTSD. After 4&1/2 years of individual and group therapy at the Vet Center the PTSD is harder to trigger – yet two months ago I was in my garage with a cocked and loaded .45 in my hand watching a man who didn’t fit my neigborhood and had pulled up to my neighbors 11 year old daughter, called her over and had the car door open with one foot on the curb. He has no idea how close he came to dying. Turned out he was looking for a family that had a daughter about her age and he asked her (instead of two adults he’d passed up) thinking, rightly, that she was likely to know that families daughter and where the family he was looking for lived. I’d already made up my mind to run over and put two in his head if he grabbed her. After 20 years in AA (sober 10 years this time) I’ve learned I can’t afford to take even one drink or its’ off to the races again. I am allergic to antidepressants and know there is no cure for this old boy. In AA I only work with BiPolar’s and/or those with PTSD. Have never seen one of them get well. Remission, sure, but my BP is out in the parking lot doing pushups with my alcoholism. The best I can do is if I start to think I’m wonderful or start feeling suicidal is to get to the Pdoc ASAP – or the emergency room if feeling homicidal or suicidal.
In my twenty years in AA I’ve seen five people die and several go to prison because somene told them they couldn’t be taking pills and be sober.
Both Alcoholism and being BiPolar can be fatal. Non-medical professionals shouldn’t be giving medical advice in either case. If you feel someone needs a second opinion – by all means get one, but don’t screw around with someone else life because you know a better diet will solve everything – That’s a quick way for the one taking such advice to end up looking at the wrong side of the grass.

June 1, 2010 at 1:43 pm
(14) Dona Wheeler says:

How many people diagnosed with Bipolar have unresolved anger/family/molestation issues? How many have lack of bonding within the family unit, especially with regards to the Mother? As I council , I find these issues keep popping up, so I feel strongly that these factor greatly in the outcome of a tag of Bipolar.
In seeing a psychiatrist, did, or do you go alone? Do you have good health care? Do you ever weep? All these also factor in a diagnosis as they did with mine.
I am a superhypersensitive individual, and as we do I was having hormonal shifts, peri menopause. I had a “habit” as I was prescribed Xanax for a spastic colon, and did not realize my “addiction” until I was admitted for what “Looked like Bipolar” That was all the testing done on me, and as a sensitive person, I experienced toxic reactions to almost every medication give to me over a 13 year span. Loosing any and all sense of normalcy came to a head in 2004 with a mania from hell and looking back on my life, piece by piece I knew I had no choice but to heal. Not easily done but off all medications since 2006, and getting in writing from a former psychiatrist that I was never Bipolar, that it was the reaction to medications was the cherry on the cake.
There are a few people who cling to the thought that I was and am Bipolar, because it rocks their world for me to be well; kinda exposes their lies, their bad deeds and how they based those 13 years; ie I am a threat to their “truths” but I did this healing for me, and for the well being of my grandchildren, and to be that Light unto others.
Low thyroid, mercury toxicity , hormonal issues, bad marriage, dehydration, too much sugar and over refined foods in my diet, and a loss of my spiritual self did not deter me from having hope, from completely healing from the devastating effects of the mind set and the medications that were the Bipolar Depressive tag for me. I suspect there are many others , many of those who cannot for one reason or another “own” that they are not flawed. And a much less number who have organic bipolar symptoms

June 1, 2010 at 2:43 pm
(15) Sam says:

I was diagnosed with bipolar I disorder in 2004. I have been battling it ever since. I will say that it will only get better when you allow yourself to be treated. If you are not open to remission, there will be none. I am taking an assorted concoction of medicine from Lexapro to Lithium and a few in-between. I enjoy being manic at times. It is a little bit fun. But it brings with it consequences at very high price. The medicine I am taking has been a good balance for me. I still have episodes of mania and depression, but they are few and far between. I read autobiographies of people (usually women) who write about their experiences. I am writing my own. I haven’t decided whether or not to get it published because my history hurts. I will either get it published to help others to see that treatment is salvation or keep it to myself for fear of being really seen. Anyway, it’s a battle. I won’t deny it. I don’t know anyone who is completely fine. Because there isn’t a cure. But there is help.

June 1, 2010 at 4:40 pm
(16) Dona Wheeler says:

Hi Sam
Publish or blog on Word Press, & look at facebook where I have tons of friends in the mental health field.
And if you come to Virginia I would love to meet you and introduce you to a healed individual:} It’s like peeling an onion and not for the faint of heart, looking at one’s demons is hard but we have angels and guardians looking out for us at all time. It takes faith

June 1, 2010 at 9:18 pm
(17) kay says:

i have also been diagnosed with bipolar. i have been off my meds for about 3months. at first it was great, i felt like i was once again in control of my life. i once again had energy and could actually get up early.when i was taking the meds all i wanted to do was sleep. now i’m back to feeling out of control and really sad. i use alchohol to cope. i have never been able to completly quit. i want to be happy and that seems to do it. am i bipolar?

June 2, 2010 at 11:04 am
(18) Rachel says:

Does “remission” mean no meds?

June 2, 2010 at 1:25 pm
(19) editor - BeingBipolar says:

Such good feedback here on this topic. My name is Rachel Koski and I was diagnosed in 1978, back in the day when it was called manic-depression. I am SEEKING STORIES for our book called “Being Bipolar: Stories from Those With the Disorder and Those Who Love Them.” It will be published in June 2011.
Stories are powerful. It is through our stories we reach out to support each other. It is through stories we can help others understand and reduce the stigma.
My first decade of being bipolar was denial. The second was learning about the dis-order. The third decade was accepting. In my fourth decade, I have discovered I must say the words, “I am bipolar,” share my story, and offer an opportunity for others to tell theirs.
If you are interested in contributing, send an email to editor-beingbipolar@charter.net to request more information.
Thanks.

June 2, 2010 at 4:32 pm
(20) Roger says:

I am in a relationship at 62 with a childhood sweatheart, and the love of my life who happens to be Bi-Polar. She refuses to take her meds because of the weight gain, but appears to be doing well these days. Thank you for the articles as they help me understand the problems, and enlighten me as to how to relate to her.
Roger

June 2, 2010 at 7:46 pm
(21) kay says:

it’s great to have other people to relate to that have similar issues. i went to a different doc today and he seems to think im not bipolar at all but that i have major anxiety issues. he also said there is no way i could have functioned that well without going inpatient after stopping my bipolar meds. do u think maybe bipolar is being over rated?

June 7, 2010 at 8:50 pm
(22) Kristi says:

It is great to have people to relate,i was diagnosed with Bipolar 3 yrs ago and articles relating to bipolar help my family and friends cope when i am difficult. I have not had a hospital stay in almost 2 yrs,i find it to be a daily struggle but continue with my medications and therapy sessions. I had a difficult time at first admitting that i was bipolar,it was scary and foreign to me however in time i have learned that its okay,this is who i am. I work everyday at making good choices and try to better choices for myself than i have in the past.

June 12, 2010 at 6:41 am
(23) Dona Wheeler says:

Going forward in choosing to stop RX meds is a painstaking, long journey. My last doctor told me it would take 6 months to leave my system after I had withdrawn on my own, & experienced severe shakes & discomfort. I would say 18 months is more like it tho if is not horrific or was not for me, as I began to cut doses down till they were eventually discontinued by which time I was supplementing with naturals eating & sleeping better. During this time I also began to actively participate in Buddhism which really gave me focus. One has to be determined & be the little engine that could. I thought I was chill after a time, but I see writings from that time and know I am much much better in the last couple of years.
Be patient, it can be done. Mis diagnosed is not mine in black and white, legal signed by a former psychiatrist, who wrote “mis diagnosed due to adverse reactions to psychiatric medications, & a dream came true.
I keep thinking as I have relocated, and new to this area, I can & should let that former self go, the one who lost herself to a mis diagnosis & much more, but so many need back up, are waking up, while others need to be warned….. I;ll be doing this a while longer

June 14, 2010 at 3:24 pm
(24) Aggeloutha says:

My pdoc said that I was cured and that was nearly 16 months ago so I think it is possible. And I wasn’t misdiagnosed. I was in the hospital with severe mania and psychosis for 10 days and I have a family history of BP. After 2 years of taking my meds religiously I found hope in Neurofeedback. After only 2 months I became allergic to my meds, promptly taken off of them and monitored for a few months and now almost 2 years later no signs of BP. It is possible. You just have to want it badly enough and be positive.

June 25, 2010 at 11:08 am
(25) Jordi I says:

Unfortunately, you are right, “rigidflexibility”, I haven’t seen bipolar alcoholics get well, but I am stabilized and sober, 12 years in A.A., no relapse. I am glad you are ok and kcb! Be happy

July 20, 2010 at 3:09 pm
(26) Simon says:

Re #2 – while diet can make a difference, and big pharma are far from blameless, it’s even more dangerous to make claims like this. A few “positive” examples that are self selecting do not make a case. If you can provide clear, pier reviewed, properly blinded and rigorous research that supports your suggestions then it sounds great.

I’ve recently read the excellent book “bad science”, with most of the same information being available on the bad science website, and it lays out the criteria for a valid test far better than I can. In particular look at the info on placebo – a hugely powerful factor in any medication, but especially for something like BP. Just paying attention to someone often improves their health significantly.

And from my personal experience…I’ve always eaten reasonably healthily, exercised well (4 to 6 times a week for several hours at a time a couple of years back) and yet I have suffered from Rapid Cycling BP for years, only getting it diagnosed in the last 18 months. Without the medication I would not be here today. It’s not a complete solution but it helps, and gives you space and time to start looking for the other types of help you also need.

September 4, 2010 at 2:11 am
(27) robbi says:

I am a rapid cycler. I know there is no cure. I believe there is only management, remission. I take medication for my bipolar disorder. I know that when I go off my meds, I will start flip flopping constantly. I can change moods within hours. I at least feel more in control when on my meds. It is more painful and wearing when off my medication. I like being manic, but sometimes, I get too manic and lose touch with reality and do things I don’t usually do. I was also diagnosed with hypo-thyroidism, which messes with yr moods. I was molested as a very young child and with all that brings in anger. I don’t know how much anger comes with bipolar, but I do have a lot of anger, I know it comes with being molested. I have a large family history with people who have bipolar disorder. My aunts, uncle, cousin, daughter and of course I do. Like I said there is management. I am not a believer in just diet and exersize as a management tool. I solely believe in medication, for me anyway. I otherwise have a very difficult tme with my illness.

September 26, 2010 at 12:13 pm
(28) emlee says:

Hi. I recently started a long distance relationship with this guy, who on our second visit tells me he was diagnosed with BP when he was younger. I’ve done a little bit of research bc im curious,natrually. I know being diagnosed when youre younger you are more likely to be misdiagnosed. He told me he tried talking about it and has taken medication, but neither has helped. When i try bringing it up he seems reluctant to open up to me. I think that also has a lot to do with his family too. It seems to me that instead of tryig to help him him accept and face his problem, they baby him and disregard it. Im not sure what to do bc you cant really help a person unless they want it. I know this isn’t a dating site but i could really use some advice on how to help him. I asked a psychologist/friend and the word she used most was dangerous, but i don’t feel he is that at all. But i could be wrong. Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

November 18, 2010 at 10:16 pm
(29) BP Girl says:

Hi I really found your site helpful in my research. I was recently diagnosed with bipolar and have many questions. For the passed two weeks i have spent many long hours doing research. For both English, and Health I have begun to help my fellow peers to understand what exactly Bipolar is.

November 19, 2010 at 11:48 pm
(30) Jane Alexander says:

Marcia, I must gently disagree with you—that there is no cure for bipolar disorder. I am the child of a mood disordered parent. I suffered from schizoaffective for about seventeen years. As you probably know schizoaffective is essentially bipolar disorder with schizoid tendencies, psychotic features and the like.

My symptoms started at age six and got progressively worse as I got older. Normal treatments did not work for me at all. In fact, being on psychiatric drugs basically made living with mental illness much much worse than -not- being on them. So I refused meds and because I was poor I went without therapy for some years and I struggled very hard. I nearly died by my own hand several times during my long battle with mental illness.

At some point as I was recovering from a near-death experience I experienced during an OD, I took responsibility for my life, my moods and thoughts and I ceased to blame my problems on my genes, on chemical imbalances or my karma. I realized that I was mentally ill. The problem was with my mind. So I needed to get to work on fixing my mind.

This started a years-long journey of self-healing through diligent lifestyle and stress management and dedicated practice to mind-body disciplines. The result: In just about five years all my symptoms went away. It’s now been over fifteen years since I’ve tried to hurt myself.

I am not in remission. I am not holding myself together through force of will. I am changed. I am no the longer the same person as I was when I was long cycling and rapid cycling. I am cured of bipolar disorder absolutely.

I was encouraged to write about my journey of healing. My book is called Possessing Me: a memoir of healing. It is a memoir of mental health recovery and the discovery of a self-cure through retraining my mind and taking care of my self. You can read more about it here: http://www.PossessingMe.com. Thanks for all your articles and take care!

December 8, 2010 at 10:38 pm
(31) Miss my brother says:

See these comments started on June 1, 2010. That was the day no one could reach my bipolar brother to stop him from killing himself. He was under treatment at the time.
Hope everyone continues treatment and has a good support system. I was 300 miles away form my brother
that day. Wish my brother had known about Jane Alexander’s book.

January 7, 2011 at 11:46 pm
(32) kiama says:

This commentor page is very confusing. I understand that a doctor can misdiagnose someone. However no one seems to really know if they are bi-polar except a few people. I’ve been diagnosed w/bp. It sounds as if doctors put a name to something and that is gospel. I am starting to think is that a real disorder or a real what!/.?=*(:)/1!. THIS IS BULL CRAP!

February 2, 2011 at 3:34 pm
(33) Nidhi says:

Hi all,

I am from india but currently in U.S. My younger brother is suffering from bipolar disorder from last 4-5 yrs.He does not accept that he is having some mental illness.he refuses to take medicine because of weight gain.when he discontinue the medicine it impact his life strongly because he go into the manic stage.Now a days he is in mania.I dont know what to do how to make him understand that he is having some problem..it really impact my whole family..my father’s bussiness etc..we are not financially that much strong..i got married recently i dont know what to do..somebody please help me how can i help my brother..i am worried for him and for my family also..pls pls help me suggest me something..

February 8, 2011 at 4:25 pm
(34) Ryan says:

My name is Ryan, and I am from Kansas.
I have been diagnosed with bipolar during 6th grade. I am now I senior in high school.

I have been looking at my med. boxs most of the day, asking myself when am I going to be able to live without them. I tried before, but I could not handle myself, mostly because of being on meds. most of my Bipolar life.

(Also being on these meds. makes me feel trapt, in a Room no windows and no lights.)- I always wonder why it is easy for others around me to be who they are, have fun, and have great communication skills, as for me it is not. I tried several medications but I never feel like I am my self. (I can not think without having a blank page or two within my thoughts.) I believe my medications are the cause for me not being able to think clearly! but Idk.

November 23, 2011 at 12:10 am
(35) Nina says:

I think it probably is your medication that makes it hard to think clearly, and makes you feel trapped. Although I admit to being bipolar, medications always caused me to feel less myself, care less, angrier and depressed, when I never was before. I currently don’t take medications, after being involuntarily hospitalized and getting out I didn’t do my 3 month outpatient as they wanted me to continue lithium and I just could not continue taking it, I was afraid I’d hurt myself or others from the anger and rage, that I’d never felt with out medication. I didn’t mean to go into a ramble about myself, I just wanted to respond about how it probably is your medication blanking out your mind, making it hard to think or concentrate at times. I definitely felt that on all mess I’d been tried on. Anyway, good luck and I hope your treatment goes well for you. I currently receive no treatment, never had a personal doctor or therapist (I’m poor! Hah), just been hospitalized twice for uncontrollable mania.

March 1, 2011 at 5:12 pm
(36) Brittny says:

I wad diagnosed with bipolar 1 last november im 21 im cuRrently taking 4 different meds not to mention xanax and ambien for sleep. I went to my dr begging for help i lnew smethn was wrong i was having awful moodswings smetimes biolent and went days without sleeping or eating but the worst ppart was the horrible thoughts about harming my daughter and husband not to mention myself . My meds do make me feel awful i feel tired and sick all the time but id trade that for being able to control my life anyday..!! My doctors have all said the same thing with therapy and drugs for the rest of my life i will be fine not normal by any means but in control.

March 1, 2011 at 8:37 pm
(37) kiama says:

Thank you for sharing! My thoughts are about someone harming my family. I will do anything in the legal system to protect my family. Currently I have been taking a new medicine to keep my mind leveled. So far I’ve been on it for a week and it is okay. I just seem to have no confidence in my self and never have. My self-esteem is low, but I’m working at it. My psychiatrist wants me tobe in more control of my life.

March 2, 2011 at 1:58 am
(38) Brittny says:

I wanted to read ur cpmment bt the font was so big i couldnt load it on my phn will u please copy it smaller thanks

March 1, 2011 at 5:15 pm
(39) Brittny says:

Violent* moodswings

May 4, 2011 at 11:33 pm
(40) Thomas says:

There is an alternative to mood stabilizers, antidepressants, and anti psychotics. Fish oil supplements and its all natural :)

July 5, 2011 at 5:13 pm
(41) Emily says:

Just my opinion but…….This is just silly! I have been bipolar for many years and have struggled to maintain wellness even with medication. I agree that healthy eating and lifestyle can only do good things for your health in general and your bipolar. But it is a medical condition that needs medical treatment. You wouldn’t say to someone with cancer or diabetes or a heart condition to try a fish supplement instead of drugs? STAY on medication unless you have discussed it with your doctor. I have tried to come off medication several times and have suffered terrible relapses, so I have come to terms with the possibility of a lifetime on medication, but as long as I’m well I don’t mind! I would never stop taking it because the alternative is awful, even with the side effects, having headaches/ gaining weight is a small price to pay for being largely free of bipolar symptoms. Positive thinking and alternative treatments can only take you so far- if there was an easy natural alternative to medication I’m sure all doctors would prescribe it!

June 22, 2011 at 10:25 pm
(42) Cloie says:

Hi I was finally diagnosed with bp in 07, but had my first episode when I was 13 (1988). I was really out of control suffering from mania and psychosis, when I had my 4th baby things went from bad to worse. It wasn’t til this year when I had finally settled down with my meds and my mood. Everyday I wish to be without medications, but the last time I did that last year I jeopardise my life and childrens. I am fit and healthy now, if 2011 passes and I do not experience a relapse it will be my first time ever. I thinking having your own private doctor helps, Im pretty much in control or have the last say in relation to my medication to take and im no longer overdosed feeling doped out because the doctors force you to take them. I say its my body be responsible eat and exercise well, constantly communicate with your health professions and family. For all those who have tried to stop their medications and avoided a relapse good on you. For everybody else we are not alone I just wish I could meet more people with BP and socialise more since we all have something in common.

July 4, 2011 at 9:57 pm
(43) Billy says:

I’m a preacher, I also have facebook its pastorbillyhigdon I think is the username but I dont have but my mom has. I have dealt with her since my teens Im 34 now, but it has gotten worst the last few years, so being at my wits end with it I asked God tonight what I can do, cause this goes on 4 out of every 7 days for the past year it has gotten worst, I’m bout ready to leave just never look back and just stop all contact cause its driving me crazy no meds help no nothing so tonight in desperation I asked God what can I do? He laid on my heart to do this broadcast Im goin to speak it that it helps her and it may help you too, by the time you read this I may of done broadcast so just click on the url, I’m doin it at 11 PM July 4th 2011.

July 4, 2011 at 9:58 pm
(44) billy says:

Thats Central time. Something has to cease or Im just goin to distant myself from her cause its so bad today that I had her calmed once then it starts again so I locked myself up in a room, yeah I got her living with me cause it was worst when she wasnt because I when I tried to live without her she was by herself and she wouldnt asnwer phone for days or door and I feared I would find her dead one day but I cant live like this either, I know I shouldnt be feeling like that because at one time me and my was really close but I cant take it no more. I was depressed for years I went through a divorce etc but with the help of God I picked myself up but this is killing me I cant take this. I have preached for years that we have power in our tongues to speak blessings and curseing and speak those things as they are as they arent so in a last ditch effort to get sanity in horrible situration I’m doin this broadcast tonight, and maybe be doin it will help you too cause no there is no cure but there is nothing God cant cure tonight and I believe that with all my heart. I used to have mirgrains but God took those my mom was healed of cancer before so theres nothing to big for God.

August 14, 2011 at 5:17 pm
(45) ayesha says:

bipolar is a very rare disease so shouldnt scientists be studying it. many people have this illness but it is still looked as a rare illness. i dont have bipolar but the one person i look upto (demi lovato) does. she still has her life to live. because of this illness she has left most of her work as she thinks it will not be healthy for her because she can get mood swings at any time.

THE QUESTION THAT I AM ASKING IS WHY ARE SCIENTISTS NOT STUDYING THIS AND LOOKIN FOR A CURE??

November 19, 2011 at 4:36 pm
(46) Stephanie says:

A few are. But I’ve found almost all of them are as closed-minded as the general public. I believe the field of epigenetics may hold some answers, but people are totally resistent to the the idea that what happened to your grandparents could affect you. It’s now easy to attribute something like PTSD to someone who just came out of horrible war experience, but even professionals don’t understand that the PTSD can be transmitted to offspring and their offspring, so that their descendants have the EFFECTS of the trauma, without ever having experienced the trauma. The descendants, lacking any cause/effect scenario, just see themselves as broken. They’re NOT broken, they may be carrying the burden of man’s inhumanity to man, the effects of wars, slavery, starvation, torture. If you have bipolar, I urge you to trace your family history back four or five generations to try to see if the symptoms match any trauma or extremely stressful period in the life of a direct ancestor. Did you have a grandparent who went through the holocaust, was severely abused as a child, lived through a famine, was a slave, was a prisoner of war. Particularly if it occurred when that male parent was in the early pubescent stage or the female parent was pregnant, it could engender the intergenerational transmission (even though the ancestor who suffered the trauma was not long-term affected).

What difference does it make HOW you got it? The difference is in understanding the mechanism, locating the transmission agent, and dealing with it. It may be that understanding the original cause will give some personal insight into your symptoms. The nature of the epigentic material is that it undergoes CHANGE, but it can either be modified through consciously creating different reactions or it can be further engrained by continued re-activation.

August 26, 2011 at 2:09 pm
(47) greg says:

I think i found a cure for bipolar.
my history.
40 yrs bipolar.
7 psychiatrists.
hospitilised once
Medication:1500mg B3, L-Tryptophan, Lithium, Prozac, Valpro, (Epilim) Dilantin, Tegratol, Xanax, Cipramil, Flaverin, Endronax, Zoloft 150mg, Zoloft 300mg, Viox, Efexor, Allegron twice.
5 mths without an episode. i attribute this to an exercise program i devised that targeted anxiety.
if i do not do the exercise that morning my anxiety levels go to the extreme. I say “What is wrong with me” then i realize and do my exercises.

November 27, 2011 at 12:19 am
(48) Jake says:

Hi – I used to be on Lithium and it worked very well for me but I decided to change b/c I was breaking out too much and had really bad wait gain. Now I take geodon and tegretrol. I have been bipolar for four years now. Which med do you think is better? Should I go back to lithium?

October 27, 2011 at 12:01 pm
(49) Jon says:

I have suffered with Bi polar disorder for over thirty years,it has’nt always been called Bi Polar it used to be called Clinical Depression,it has cost me my business my beautiful homes my first wife my friends family enjoyment fun and anything else in life a healthy person would take for granted.i wake every morning feeling tired and suicidal and thats where my daily fight begins.I have been on or tried most meds over the past 35 years can anybody out there help if I knew how to write a book I would just to get the facts out there so healthy people could learn about the daily fight

December 7, 2011 at 10:22 pm
(50) louis says:

There are drugs that don’t work, and drugs which do work but are toxic, and there is one drug which is very good and not toxic. i have learnt to induce and regulate mania to combat bad feeling and other physical pain. But these things are just tricks and do not transform your character.
i am learning that transformation of character begins beyond the tricks and involves a transformation of the problem from a medical to a moral problem. i am learning to let my feelings be and not allow them to control me. i am an honest person of integrity and am not bad because of undesireable feelings, and i am learning to not court cheap highs for power which is often a delusion. A cure is for the helpless. Grow up.

December 7, 2011 at 11:05 pm
(51) louis says:

Continuation…
The drugs are really for the drug companies. Consider that the most effective anti-depressant is suicide — it always works.

If you cannot rely upon your feelings because they have a life of their own then you must experiment with your capacity to create and refine ideas. It is like the blind who develop their other senses to compensate somewhat.

i am lucky to be so unlucky by all of the REAL disasters of my life. i’ll spare you the details because my dignity is precious, but i am lucky to ba alive and thinking and caring and still creating.

December 12, 2011 at 6:37 pm
(52) Gina says:

I’m giving up hope. I have a sales rep job which naturally has highs and lows built into it, (a huge high when i make a big sale, a horrible low when I get rejected) these lows last for days at a time. I am on citalopram and sodium valproate but these seemed to have made no difference whatsoever. I want to quit my job and just go into a dark place and stay there, but I have my husband and beautiful house that I have to pay off. Worst thing is he wants me to have children… I am terrified of what they will turn out like and what kind of mother i will be.

December 13, 2011 at 6:41 am
(53) gergc says:

Gergc asks
Marcia: You say in your site that there is “no” cure fore bipolar.
You make out that being Bipolar is a “Lunatic Asylum or Hospital Sentence”, once you are in you can not get out for the rest of your life.
My Question is.
What would it take for you to accept a cure, what would that “cure” have to be like so it would be stamped “CURED of BIPOLAR”.

January 7, 2012 at 1:54 pm
(54) Unrauseven says:

I am a new supporter of a husband with BP2. I have five children that are being caught in the wake of his devastating MI. Does anyone have any suggestions for me about what I can do to minimize the damage?

He also has attachment disorder. Ugh. Thanks.

January 27, 2012 at 5:38 am
(55) From a BD patient says:

Hi All ,

I have been a Bipolar patient since 7 years . I also have these Illusions
and as per the Doctor , its my Anima . From what all i have studied for
Bipolar , we all Bipolar people have something which triggers our emotional thinking . For me it was my Anima . It happens to some to have schizophrenia like Jane . May be i might be suffering from it . Many of the patients suffer or have similar cases. A Bipolar patient cannot first accept he is Bipolar first . Dont force him or her to accept.
I request the family members to please take their family kids or whosoever suffering from Bipolar by never hurting them . Accept what they say , find the reason for the BP . Something is hidden which you have to catch in BP patient and a doctor cannot . Medicines for the first 2 years is Okay but the process has to be PURE MEDITATION . It is the only CURE to Bipolar . And if a day comes and your child says WHAT THE HELL WAS I SUFFERING FROM by HIMSELF , then that is the day you may conclude he has taken first step to healing but he is not healed since he may again suffer because of something emotional which will trigger his mind swings . Then he has to start slowly with meditation since initially his own mind wont be stable .
Bipolar People need love , lot of love since the Emotional factor is very high , so the healing has to start with love and care , satisfaction through love because a Bipolar will not listen to anything .
Their minds get stuck in one particular thing . I also killed myself once
but i escaped death very closely . I also feel like i don’t have any life but its not that i cannot survive . Its hard but not impossible . For some patients depression becomes too high to kill themselves , i have passed through that stage . I will never want any one to pass through that stage .People who find the above lines any bit useful and still seek further help may contact me :msovan886@gmail.com

January 27, 2012 at 5:50 am
(56) From a BD patient says:

Further more for the people who dont know about Bipolar , Its a night mare for a patient since his brain is not his since he cannot control it .

Bipolar is all about controlling your brain . A Bipolar person doesnt
mature in the interval in which he suffers , It s hereditary but there is
nothing in this world which cannot be controlled .

For the patient :
A very strong will power is required to over come bipolar .
Brain connections are to be made where they dont exist .
All these is not possible through medicines . If you want to cure yourself , then you have to CONTROL IT and NOT BE CONTROLLED
BY IT .

February 16, 2012 at 5:20 pm
(57) sohan says:

Bipolar is from depression, depression is from stress. The stress is from thought and what one eats and drinks.
So if one can control his/her thoughts there be none of these illness. There is easy to control one’s thought. Doctors never ask any one about their diet.
After one eat or drink ask his/her body if it suit them. If not don’t eat or drink what don’t set well with the body. When was the last time one asked or listen their body?

February 16, 2012 at 5:31 pm
(58) sohan says:

JB3

Have you heard” commonsense”?

March 6, 2012 at 1:50 pm
(59) surfod says:

For Unrauseven: I feel for you. I haven’t found much support, except one really nice lady whose husband must be BP, and she saw us at the hospital one time and figured it out. She is extra caring towards us now socially. This web site, although useful, is not about helping the families taken on the wild rides. It is for BPs to share their wild ride experiences. So, pray to God for your own health and to get through, encourage your spouse to take meds, and take the kids away if spouse gets too manic. It just isn’t good for their mental health to see a parent behave irrationally.

March 7, 2012 at 10:11 am
(60) Tamara says:

I have been bipolar since my teens but undiagnosed until age 45. I am now 50 and my pdoc has finally found the right combination of meds to make me stable. Now that I am in a rational state of mind, the 5 years with my therapist has paid off. I can finally use the coping skills I have learned and my self esteem is intact. I am setting goals and even writing a book currently, about living with bipolar disorder. I know this won’t last forever. I am not cured. But with all I have learned, I may possibly be able to ward off an episode before it becomes overwhelming. I am enjoying each day at a time but hoping for the most optimal outcome.

April 23, 2012 at 4:22 am
(61) Andrew says:

I have been recently Diagnosed with Bipolar, as well as Chronic anxiety, borderline personality disorder and ADD.

A radical mix, and for years I fought tooth and nail to control this on my own. I grew up in foster care from age 8-17 and was put on several medications.

I was even expelled from grade 4.

The last 7 years I have come so far. And this last year I have reached a point where I still have many problems. 53 Jobs in 5 years, I needed help.

So for the first time in 7 years, I was willing to accept whatever help I could get.

The doctors are treating my illnesses 1 at a time. Starting with the worst, which is bipolar.

I am a genius. I have an IQ of 173. In all my intelligence I can’t keep a job and have very difficult time handling social interaction, and rejection.

The reality is, some things don’t have a cure. You don’t hear people asking if there is a cure for Down Syndrome. Because everyone can see whats wrong. They know that it cant be fixed.

There is no cure for bipolar.
Our brains have imbalanced chemicals. Many of us commit suicide before we get help, and get looked down upon because of it.

But the reality is, for those of us who want to fight the good fight, help is available.

Its just a matter of asking for it.

June 13, 2012 at 10:06 am
(62) Chrissy says:

Im getting my way into finding a cure. I’ve been diagnosed with bipolar aswell. I honestly do believe that there is a cure! Im a psychology student and have a brilliant partner whom is examining this with me. Cures are found every day, who knows, we might find something! We need something to keep us going, so let’s make this a effort!

June 14, 2012 at 11:01 pm
(63) Andrea says:

I have bipolar II–my version is primarily major depressive illness with hypomania. I don’t hear anyone speaking about the two medications that have literally saved my life: Seroquel and Lamictal. I have been diagnosed as bi-polar and believe that I have been most all of my life, as I look backwards. I have been through four marriages, drug abuse, bankruptcy, and feel I have been several different people over the years. I was hospitalized three years ago after a near suicidal attempt and was given the recommendation of a good psychiatrist in my area. He put me on the Seroquel, which not only helps with the major depression I suffer with, but also knocks me out for 8 solid hours at night so that I sleep. I cannot take the Seroquel XR (extended release) as I cannot go to sleep and it makes me feel drugged all day. The Lamictal is a mood stabilizer. I take 800 mg of Seroquel at night an hour before bed, and sleep most every night all the way through. SLEEP FOR ME HAS A MAJOR BRAIN RE-SET AFFECT. IT HELPS ME DEAL WITH STRESS. I CANNOT STRESS THE NEED FOR SLEEP ENOUGH!
I also take 200 mg of Lamictal.

I am feeling more together than I think I ever have, after 30 years in therapy, self-help books, vitamins, etc. There is a lot to be said about self-help, and I do think that it is so important to learn to manage emotions. What many people do not understand is that when you are in an episode–short term or long term–depressed or manic, it feels like you have no control and wonder when the tide will turn. I now make it my NUMBER ONE PRIORITY to manage myself–my life choices and my schedule–and look out for triggers. When I feel an episode occurring, and if it does not go away after a few weeks (we all have normal up and down moods) I go to the psychiatrist and discuss it.

June 15, 2012 at 7:35 pm
(64) Andrea says:

In continuation:

I am taking a high dose of Seroquel, but for me it works. I try to avoid too much stress and try to focus on the good things in life. It helps to choose good and stable friends, manage relationships with relatives (avoid unstable ones, if necessary) and find support however you can…and that means caring people that can spot your mental state.
This is very critical: it is very hard to deal with this illness without loving support. Many bipolars have had behavior that isolates them–and I am including myself in this. If I did not have forgiving parents and a forgiving daughter I might not be here today. If I did not believe in a loving and forgiving God and faith that can move mountains I might not be here today. It is a life-struggle, but worth doing.

I do also believe that there IS genetic and emotional underpinning to this illness, but it is an illness. I agree with those who state that one would not quit taking insulin if they are a diabetic, but there is genetic diabetes and there is diet-driven diabetes and both are diabetes. It can be managed but at times there is no CURE. We all need to eat right, think right and do right. That goes for all of humanity. We bipolars just have an emotional struggle that most people do not often understand.

June 15, 2012 at 7:42 pm
(65) Andrea says:

Adding more: limit on size of info…
Proper diet helps–fish oil, vitamins [by the way, stress can be managed with proper amounts of B vitamins--especially B5 (pantothenic acid for the adrenal glands) ] and water, plenty of rest, avoid alcohol, keep a good schedule, exersize, etc. Work on your thinking–avoid “stinking thinking.” But I do know that there are times that your mind just “goes there” like a runaway train.

The good thing is you know you have been diagnosed. You know there is a “name” to the illness and there is hope. I have had a stable job for three years now–since going on the Seroquel and Lamictal–and I count myself fortunate to have found the psychiatrist I have.

I get concerned when I hear about people on multiple meds. The more meds you are on makes it difficult to know what is working and what is not and it cannot be good for the brain or body. I think with some psychiatrists they treat it like they are baking a cake and they use their favorite concoctions. Also, I become concerned about some psychiatrists using their patients as guinae (sp) pigs. I hope some of this helps. God bless and keep on keeping on….there is hope.

September 7, 2012 at 2:37 am
(66) delli ganesh says:

madam,
my brother recently praticed too much meditation and now he has been suffering from swithching moods,,for 1-2 min,,,and he speaks differently tensionly that some one was following him and somethng was happening,,,but for 1 min started from 1 week,,how can i prevent this,, i love my brother too much,,he is very hard worker man,he bought me up with his work,plz madam i want to do something to my brother

September 21, 2012 at 6:28 am
(67) Mary says:

Nt so much a comment as it is a vent.
I’m soo tired of being bipolar. I yearn soo much for happiness, stability, someone to love me ’cause I keep having terrible relationships because of how I am. I meet great people & I can’t keep a single damn person in my life. I’m soo unhappy, soo lonely. I hv nobody to tlk to, no friends, no family. And I dnt knw who I even could tlk to if there was anybody tht would listen. I mean, who’s wants to vent to someone face to face & only hv tht person jst looking at them crazy?? I hv a child who I worry about picking up my behavioral ways. She’s so innocent, full of life, happy. I would soo hate myself if she became anything lk me.
I dnt want to kill myself, religious reasons, bt I hate the tht Ill FEEL bipolar for another yr of my life. I’m done w it. I WANT HELP ! I NEED OUT OF HW I FEEL EVERYDAY ! I WANT TO FINALLY BE FREE, LIVE FREE !!

September 24, 2012 at 4:22 am
(68) chameli baruah says:

my friend is suffering from BP from 5years.its very paining to see sometimes when he has an attack.but apart from that particular phase of attack time he is absolutely fit and fine.he is very normal to do his everyday routine.i m glad that he is my friend.

September 25, 2012 at 2:39 pm
(69) Elizabeth says:

I have a family member with paranoid schizophrenia and Bi Polar Disorder. With these disorders have you or anyone have a family member that will do things or say things that they don’t remember doing. Swear up and down they didn’t do it when there is no other possibility that it was someone else or know for a fact they did. They are so believable that you believe that they believe they did not do these things. This has been difficult in trying to help. Please, anyone let me know if you have had this experience. thank you!

September 26, 2012 at 10:28 pm
(70) Rald says:

I have a BP since 2007 due to some triggering factors I got this disorder and also I’m contemplating maybe on my Father’s genes is also a key factor. During my first 3 1/2 years it was seriously suffering I had relapse maybe 6-7 times but with a proper routine like Medication, Prayers, My Family, good habits and hobbies and also to my Doctor I surpassed those dark moments of my life it’s not a disease or illness anymore it’s more of like motivating factor for me to do things right and to feel free and to be much more out going. As for now I enjoy much more of my life and I feel much closer to God who make my disorder not anymore a burden but helping me to build it in an order and some day who knows maybe I can be cured. Just be Postive+ Always Pray to God+ take your medication and be the best in you. Change for good. Peace.Laugh.Love.

October 11, 2012 at 4:39 pm
(71) xan says:

valex,quitipin,oleanz,sizodon what the hell make my life so complex!!1 last month i got pain backside of my head & suffered badly from hematoma,my neurosurgeon told me to leave all those medicine & now take only trileptal.

October 21, 2012 at 11:27 pm
(72) Izwel says:

Greetings,
I was diagnosed at 19 with bipolar and was on and off more pharmas than I can remember: anti depressants, anti anxiety, anti psycotic, anti convulsant etc… This lasted till i was intensely suicidal at 23 and decided i did not want to die this way. After much research and patience It took over a year to clear all the drugs away. I am 29 now and drug free, episode free, stable and healthier than ever. I am happy to share my experience with anyone interested in breaking this aweful cycle of drugs psych wards and psyciatry and becoming healthy and happy again.
Peace and Health,
Izwel

November 3, 2012 at 7:28 am
(73) Gila Perach says:

To Jane Alexander,
Do you have a daily structure which includes employment outside your home where you come in contact with other people in a structure environment? Do you have family support? Are you in talk therapy? Which kind? Are you an active member of a community? Do you have children? a stable marriage? Are you near family? Do they help you?
Thank you for answering my questions. Your story interests me greatly.

November 13, 2012 at 4:05 pm
(74) izwel says:

Izwel, i’m bipolar and want to get off meds, is there anyway you can share your story?

David

November 15, 2012 at 5:34 am
(75) Jenny says:

I had bipolar for more than 10 years, I always think I was not normal compare to other. The first 5 years, I was very depressed that lead to suicidal. With my family and my boyfriend support, they keep me feel saved.

From my experience, your thoughts have to be always positive. When you think about something negative about yourself, that how is start again. I will feel people are talking about me, peoples hate me, keep going on and on. But that it’s just a illusion and learn how to forgive yourself. Let negative thoughts go away and focus on positive thoughts.

And I realize, i have to take medication all the time. Even when I feel good about myself. My brain is unbalanced if I stop take the medication. I just take a small dosage everyday, just to keep my brain balanced. I don’t want to be depressed all the time, I want be a happy person.

I haven’t had any symptoms for almost 4 years, thanks to my lovely son. He always makes me happy. I don’t want to be depressed, I always think positive on every aspects of my life. Since then, I’ve never any mental problems.

My best cured is love yourself, be positive, learn to forgive yourself. And you will build confidence in your life. It’s not your fault that ours brains is unbanlanced.

For David, keep take the med to balanced your brain. Life is too short to be depressed. You will see a difference in your life.

I hope this will help anyboday has bipolar disorder

December 12, 2012 at 9:14 pm
(76) Monica says:

I have been diagnosed bipolar 1 for 14 years, suffered from about the age of 13. It has been aggravated by many things but mainly by the experimental administration of other medications unrelated to my MD. I’m currently on lithium 600mg and seroquel 25mg. (I’m very petite!) it works well for me and for the past year I have been stable holding down a very competitive career.
Unfortunately a lack of knowledge and understanding across the non psych medical profession has seen me knocked into rapid cycling by steroids, general anaesthetics, citalopram, Prozac. I don’t believe anti depressants are safe for bipolar. I agree that emotional situations play a part in the stability of the sufferer however I believe the bipolar comes first, then the emotions get out of control. The emotional state is a symptom not a cause. I survived the loss of my son and thyroid cancer without an episode. But when an episode wants to come, it will, regardless of circumstance.

December 17, 2012 at 11:38 am
(77) bibhu says:

hey guyz………..i examined myself………n found out d fact dat m sufferng frm bipolar disorder……..!!……i tried a hell lot to find out dat if der iz any complete cure to dis disease or nt……bt sadly m gettin negative answers frm evrywher…..!!…guyz m jst 18 r 19……does dat mean i hav to spend the rest of my whole lyf sufferng frm dis disease……..!!………..guyz then this lyf of mine iz a waste……….!!……..plzzzz help me out….if any1 knws how to deal wid this pblm……..!!…i want to et rid of dis disease…….i want to lead a normal lyf………!!……plzzz guyz help me…..

December 21, 2012 at 5:55 pm
(78) Mary O'Sullivan says:

I never believed I had bi-polar illness,many yrs ago I left home to work, and in a few weeks later due to pressure and no sleep I was trapped where I was put on a concoction of drugs. I battled for 40 years on a daily basis and never gave up. Im on two different kinds of drugs in the night and morning. Its a big change from 8 or 9 different kinds of drugs or more 4 times a day and again at bedtime. I can only say I never in my life believed that there is no cure for bi-polar illness no matter how serious one has had it. God can do the impossible, and He won’t turn a deaf ear forever to prayer, even if the best medical person in the world tells you there is no cure. I believe faith can move mountains and I myself will keep praying for a cure until I have one foot in the grave. I am now 55. Where there is a will there is a way if its God’s will, if thats not His will He has something better in store. Bi-polar illness reminds me of the following lines, “If a man cannot keep pace with his companions, perhaps he is listening to a different drummer, let him step to the music he hears however measured or far away” I just wrote this article in the hope that no one ever gives up again, we have to make the best of the mistakes of others.

December 21, 2012 at 6:10 pm
(79) Mary O Sullivan says:

I do not believe that everyone diagnozed with bi-polar illness is actually diagnozed correctly. I believe any illness can be cured if we have faith enough and if its Gods will, and bi-polar illness is no different. I may be wrong it depends on where your faith lies, whether its in the tablets in the Doctors, or in God. I have been in remission and on very few tabs, or as I like to call them smarties. I will keep on praying to be cured til I have one foot in the grave, even if I live to be 90, becasue its a nasty illness at the best of times, and pressure to change can be heavy going.

January 26, 2013 at 5:05 pm
(80) Anonymous says:

Bipolar Disorder ??

Hi Everybody, I remember how I was/felt before I got my diagnosis for my bipolar disorder. Very alone, lost and I was overwhelmed for no reason all this in the extreme high level. Unfortunately, I wasn’t a ‘Happy Liver’ and that lasted for way too long. I got my diagnosis at 17 y/o, now i’m 24 years old, living and feeling normally, like I am supposed to.

Is there a ‘real’ cure ? I honestly teared when I learned the answer.. did I dried those tears instead of swallowing them ? Yes here’s why.

I think that every body has their own ”incurable” problems, bipolar or not. If you live comfortable in the best person that you are, you will be stronger then anyone else.. that’ my friend is even if YOU are bipolar or not. No matter what u hear or read. Everybody can feel sad, bad, mad, mean, angry.. overwhelmed occurring life, but if you self-discipline yourself I am sure you can be strong enough to regain Ur own mood balance. So never give up!

I keep telling myself that to be accomplished, people have to believe, realize, accept who they are, sick or not. You decide where you wanna look at, and where/how you want to aim Ur goals/dreams.I do not mean it in the ”extreme” way but in the true balanced way.

I cheer everybody that lives and success trough all the battles/obstacles life can bring by staying positive. Every body has their own problems, you are never alone and remember that we were given to this life, because we are strong enough to live it.

January 26, 2013 at 5:07 pm
(81) Anonymous(Bipolar) says:

Bipolar Disorder ??

January 26, 2013 at 5:39 pm
(82) Simon says:

Hi I was diagnosed with bi-polo at as age 17 my entire life I found everything but as soon as I stopped fighting and starting pray anf accepting it I was free have been for 5 years no I and am tablet free I give all Glory and Honor to my ABBA Father GOD only he could set me free I hae been to doctor to conform this and it’s gonna for good first I was told it was in remeission but now it has completely gone GOD I give all Thanks to my creator start seeking GOD about it But do not just assume you are healed it takes time to establish that as truth get checked out by by your doctor to see if you are oh I strongly believe that a mind set needs to change as well a complete turnaround that can only happen with GOD but it takes time to fully recover for me it was almost three years until it went completely don’t just assume you are healed and go off your medication as a past bi-polar person trust me not good…. have been off medication for 3 and a half years but you need someone to walk with and encourage you and above all YOU NEED GOD only he can truly and utterly heal but be wise about it test and go have the dr check you out regularly and if you are healed DO NOT just stop taken you meds it with send you in a spiral ween yourself off them have a doctor monitor you and above all pray and trust GOD from begging to end it is not his will for any of us to be sick but when we are we need to be wise on how we go about getting healing

January 30, 2013 at 11:40 pm
(83) SoCalGal says:

A person commented on this in a prior excerpt regarding Lithium not necessarily being safe to take for more than 3-5 years, especially if you already have kidney dysfunction. Is there truth to this, and if anyone can make a suggestion as to where I may find resources to back this up, I would appreciate learning.

Thank you.
SoCalGal

January 31, 2013 at 10:51 am
(84) Melissa N. says:

Dona Wheeler,

How did you know you were mercury toxic? I’m not bipolar but have severe fibromyalgia, and doctors treat us a lot like they do bipolars, like we’re addicts or crazy. I’m trying to figure out how to get my doc to test me for mercury toxicity but M.D.s look at you like you’re nuts if you ask for such uncommon testing. I’m treated like a google happy hypochondriac.

February 5, 2013 at 2:05 pm
(85) Benny says:

Wow! I have never seen a better group of informative and touching replies to any subjec,t on any forum. Just wanted to thank everyone who contributed :)

February 5, 2013 at 7:25 pm
(86) Marie Duddle says:

My daughter tried to commit suicide many times, but about 7 hears ago was diagnosed with disorder when she over medicted, trying to commit suicide. She was put on lithium, for one, had thyroid problems, and I don’t know what else. SHE LOST her job. Her hands were shaking all the time. tHE Medication turned myc hild into a “zombie”, emotionless and it was weird. Then, about 3 years ago, she decided to stop ALL mediction ecept the thyroid and anti depressants. She became a christian and believed God had healed her. Meditation, prayer and eercise with the right diet seemed to be the answer. For 3 years she was fine, and functioning as normal as one could hope. ON fRIDAY 1 February 2013 I came home and found my beautiful 42 year old daughter hanging in her bathroom. She had committed suicide. NO SIGNS, no manic depression or anything. i BURY my daughter on Thursday 7 February. PLEASE Bipolar people, do NOT just stop taking your meds like she did. FIRST consult a doctor. I have to live with the guilt all my life now: Should I have been more insistent that she stays on her meds? YES! I failed her. Be very, very careful whatever u do, BP is not an illness to toy with.

February 5, 2013 at 7:41 pm
(87) John says:

I concquered BiPol with N-acetyl cystein and 5-HTP.

February 7, 2013 at 5:27 pm
(88) Beth says:

My husband is rapid cycling bipolar. We have been married almost 13 years and know each other 40 years. We are both 50. When we first got married he had depression only. We all thought he was bipolar. Turns out we were right. We had been separated and he finally found a doctor who figured it out. We went to Counceling so me and our children could learn how to live with someone who is rapid cycling bipolar. We had to learn, he can’t help it. We found a wonderful counselor and our marriage has never been stronger. It is difficult to live with some one who is rapid cycling, one minute one way and next minute another way. We remember it is not an on purpose and that makes all the difference in the world. We do not have health insurance and have to use county services. I am on disability and we have finally applied for him. He probably needs additional meds and due to our inability to see someone who is an expert in the field we can’t get him the treatment he needs. He takes Lamotrine 300 mg a day. It helps but he still has the rapid cycling. I just want people to remember, the mood swings are not on purpose, that helps your love one deal with the day to day of living with someone who is bipolar.

February 9, 2013 at 8:08 pm
(89) deprob says:

Marie, I am so sorry. My prayers are with you and for your peace.
**************************************************************************** I was dx bipolar I a few months ago. I am 52 and all my life have dealt with mental illness to various degrees. Lately after going off an anti dep med I went into the manic stage like I had never experienced before, and it has made a believer out of me that I do have this illness. No, I’m not going to let it define me, but I’m not in denial either. If you have this condition you know what I mean. There is a bit of relief in knowing what this is, at least to a better extent than I have ever in the past. I am pretty sure that for the last 40 years I have masked my condition with anti-dep meds and alcohol for years also. I did become a Christian finally at age 37, and I do know God IS able to heal, but I also beleive God uses Docs and we need to be very careful about going off meds that are helping. It’s a very hard subject that I don’t claim to have the whole answer for, and if I hear someone saying they do, on one side or the other, I am going to be very slow to follow after their suggestions. I know that I must keep my eyes first on Jesus, and allow Him to ground me in His balance. Balance has never been something I could get a hold on, and I don’t ever expect to without Him. BP people; please consider the Christian path. Don’t look at the hypocracy you see. We are all hypocrytes to some degree. There is only One perfect One, and He knows all about what He created. His Ways are above our ways. Consider His mercy,consider His redeeming Love, He works in mysterious ways with us individually, and He is the real hope we can have for true renewal of our health. Before you get mad at my preaching, stop and just open your mind. Consider Christ, and seek out a good Bible believing Church, GO there tomorrow, and pray for help. We all need the Truth, and the Truth is in Jesus Christ!

February 10, 2013 at 8:40 am
(90) deprob says:

I want to clarify my above comment in regards to my BP dx & some of the details in my experience related to it. For years I had been on anti-depressant meds with the basic diagnosis of “depression”. Eight months ago I began to spiral down due to going back to the old crutch and mask; alcohol. The med I had been on for years was Celexa, which I now believe was masking the bipolar condition. I asked my family Doc to try a change. I began 75mg Efexor. I was fine but still drinking and going downhill. I came to a breaking point & to a point of basic surrender. I got back to Church & began to seek God for help. I sought out a psychiatrist, which by the way is extremely hard to find these days. So 5 months ago was my 1st appointment. He increased the Efexor to 150mg. In 4 weeks I had began to have really high blood pressure and felt high anxiety & agitation. He told me to wean off it. But I wrongly took myself off it much quicker. The next 4 weeks I thought I was just experiencing withdrawals from going off the Effexor. I was now off all meds, & also no alcohol. I was now determined within myself to do whatever I had to do to get healthy. My next appt, (2-1/2 months ago,) I was dx Bipolar I. I’m sure the diagnosis is true. He began me on Lamictal and Nuerontin. Currently 50mg Lamictal and 300mg Nuerontin 4-6 times a day. I have felt the need for the six per day in order to calm the mania. So this is just some clarification of where I am at this time towards my recovery, my cure.

February 10, 2013 at 8:41 am
(91) deprob says:

But in it all, the MAIN part that I believe will keep me stable is my relationship with God through Jesus Christ. That must be first & foremost. I believe, as I seek God’s direction, I will be led in His wisdom. It’s okay if I’m on meds that may be helping. I can’t get into the condemnation that to take meds is to not have enough faith in God. As for the question, Is there a cure for Bipolar Disorder; in my opinion there is no one cure all. It is great to hear everyone’s experiences and opinions, but this whole thing is way too complex to put one cure all prescription on it. Seek help from multiple council.

February 10, 2013 at 2:55 pm
(92) abigstepup says:

I have listened to all your requests, suggestons & pleas for help do much of what I heard is from the genius brilliant minds of troubled people who experience this emotional roller coaster we live with. My bi-polar has me searching for common ground, understanding and love at all times.I am 57 now & really feel I. squirreled & twirled my younger days away, lucky for what little faith I had while rapid cycling I had some extreme fun and many years of stupid (I thought) decisions. A lot of emotional outbursts, followed by what seemed, un-ending tears.

February 12, 2013 at 1:24 am
(93) john says:

I was in a relationship for 22months
I was givin to that relationship for at least last 13months

She now is my past girlfriend which i luv very much…i still today dont know wat happend cause now i need to look after myself of bein mentally drained..i worrie about her..

symptoms. suicide and thoughts
Cryin unexpected
aggressive speech
sleeps alot
drinkin before bed
jealousy
insecurities major with bad name calling
diets…eats alot gaining weight
acount hacking stalking etc
I
I found shes a great worker no doubt but come home sleep3 to 5 hrs
She would then drink…like she she was subpressing her mind
If we were in a debate as she started it she then clam up and she would start tearing up…
She spoke to me thru a txt she was drunk goin to commit to suicide as ive have run to her place where i found her walkin the streets drunk

It was like i was walkin on egg shells all the time!
I felt she was just suckin the life from me but i continued to luv and wanted to helpm her…
When she was happy only cause she was winnin in a game all she felt she was gettin the attention she was getting…

it goes really deep…even the emails as it finished ended really strange as i was always tellin her i luved her…some return emails were ones she reposted back to me like she was answering me with me wat i sent
Ive even spoken to her mother about this but at know response i ended with the denial like her mum already knew something …

iam just really confused….is this bipolar depression

February 14, 2013 at 11:22 am
(94) Sue says:

Bi-polar maybe – there is really no cure for what your brain is trying to tell you-just listen to it and figure out what is right and wrong about your own thinking-why it is right or wrong – and then do not surround yourself with things that make your mind feel that something is wrong – that is just the first step – the hardest.The second step is recognizing that our brains are set up ultimately for our survival as a human beings-our instincts are no longer generating a fight or flight response to our natural environment – it is now generating the same response to a complex social environment as well as the remaining existing natural environment.For instance, in a jungle, forest/landscape where humans once lived freely (where our deepest and most instinctual senses developed over millions of years) we interacted with nature and each other creating a specific capacity to respond to our environment.But – and here is the distinction between the mind asking our body to react and the mind actually evolving – the mind is where all of our senses meet to adapt to our environment – the mind is programming (if you will) the information presented to us and deciphering the bombardment of information and our new habitat now only thousands of years old (large cities, new technology, new food sources, monetary values).When something says to our brain – this is generating feelings of fear, pain, elation, etc then we must consciously accept it and ask why?And if you want to be honest with yourself, you will see that you brain will not allow you to accept what is being generated by your habitat because there is in inherent danger within it – if you do not consciuosly recognize it – the fear will overwhelm you and create cycles of information that race in your mind, running into each other, confusion, lack of sleep, fear of control, lack of control, mood swings (all depending on your stage of rocognition)Would you like to know how you can recognize these inherent dangers in society?

February 20, 2013 at 9:45 am
(95) John says:

I am Bi Polar, Bi Polar 2. I denied that I was ill, put my family through emotional and financial turmoil with my behaviour. I was homeless, living out of my truck, for the most part or 2012. My family told me never to contact them unless I sought help. I entered Creekwod Center in Willow Grove, Pa for treatment, and it has helped. I am not one to air my “dirty laundry”. I am trying to stay focused on what needs to happen, and have a positive impact on others lives around me. What I wanted to convey more than anything else is, I do not believe I would be here today without a belief in a God. I woke up each morning, stared blankly at the sky–from the back of an suv ( police were regular visitors) and said, ” Thank You lord, for this day. Please keep me safe.” I feel I can never forsake what was given to me; jail, even worse, was a daily threat, an iminent destiny. I am now on disability looking at renting my first apartment in a year. If anything, this illness has taught me the power of positive action and positive thought. For all unfamiliar with this illness; I refuse to believe myself as “crazy”, have a high self esteem despite the debilitating depression. This illness is not “me”, –the old guy you used to know is still here, and will never accept the actions that have hurt so many as being appropriate. I fight, everyday, to keep my heart and mind in check, and have realized, people are the only things in life worth while.

March 14, 2013 at 9:43 am
(96) reply says:

Please do not listen to those who say bipolar is not a real illness. It is an illness that needs to be treated by professionals and not just adjusting your diet and making lifestyle changes. If anyone thinks bipolar is cured with lifestyle and diet changes then I think they were misdiagnosed. Those suffering from bipolar can end up committing suicide if not treated appropriately. It is a chemical imbalence in the brain which is adjusted with medication and therapy. Please don’t tell someone any different. :(

March 19, 2013 at 10:26 pm
(97) Mw says:

Geez, I just read 96 testimonials and am back where I started. Meds, food, lifestyle, exercise, a hand to hold, fear, elation, willpower, acceptance, denial, misdiagnosis, pharmaceutical companies (ok, I think these guys are nasty people, you oil guys are up there in the nasty ratings too.), I have missed some but am not going back through all 96. So what I have received is the old saying, ” There are three sides to the truth, yours, mine and the truth.”
What I know is that I am fully capable of making completely bizarre decisions and I have excelled at meny ventures all of which I have messed up, or sabotaged. I don’t not like putting a handful of meds down my throat, I am numb. I used to be fascinated by the ocean, sunsets, didn’t miss a sunrise, screwed up every relationship I have ever been with, lost 95% of my friends and have withdrawn so no one has to deal with me. I go on walks and instead of enjoying teh walk I look for trees that I could hang myself on. I sed to write music, sleep with my guitar, play for two days straight. Now I look at her and long to hold her. I can’t play for more than 5 minutes. So what does all this mean? who the hell knows. I couldn’t recognize myself if I walked into me. I don’t trust anything I say or do and I’m doing my best to withdraw from situations that call on me to do so. Enough, I am beginning to feel guity about not doing something more productive. Oh, by the way, I love my dog.

March 20, 2013 at 11:29 am
(98) Mw says:

I allowed all of what I read and said to absorb and this is what I feel. Bipolar is a disease, a physical ailment. I believe it will always be with me but I do have choices. since it is a disease of the brain chemistry. there are things I can do to help change that chemistry, thereby changing bipolar. First, admit I am bipolar, see it and I will affect it and lesson its affects on me. Medication, diet, excersise, spirituality, avoiding triggers, music, therapy, massage; these are tools there for me to fight the disease and gain some control. Borrowing from AA, day by day or from great philosophies and spiritual institutions, Now and if I may add my favorite, “The journey of a thousand miles begins with the dirt beneath my feet.’

March 25, 2013 at 12:24 pm
(99) suddenly_18 says:

i was diagnosed as a bipolar in 2012 (I’m 35)..but I’m here now just taking 2.5mg of olanzipine which helps me sleep. The doctor allowed me not to be in medication anymore. Luckily I kept my job as an I.T. which is stressful sometimes. when I feel stress I go for a walk during break hours and listen to my music. I normally listen to Christian and love songs which helps me a lot. I live far away from my family because of my job but I constantly communicate with them. i only have few friends but they are very supportive. I had a 9 year relationship which I think that triggers this sickness because it was so stressful. I am single and no kids…living on my own in an apartment. when I feel sad, i go for shopping but watching my expenses all the time. I pray a lot and read my bible each night when I feel depress. I think God is helping me to overcome bipolar. I met a new guy and discussed with him about my sickness and he said he’ll be there for me but who knows so I told myself if he disappeared one day maybe it’s because of bipolar..so for us who have bipolar we can say we can be cured somehow…forget about negative thoughts.. i never had any thoughts of harming other people or myself..it’s true that we need some quiet time all the time when we are feeling down. also educate ourselves on how we can improve our health..

March 25, 2013 at 3:56 pm
(100) Shannon says:

I have BD and I live scared. I have been divorced twice because I can’t control myself. I have tried several medications but nothing works right. I heard they might approve assisted suicide in the U.S.A. I feel that migjt be the only answer.

April 20, 2013 at 6:13 pm
(101) deprob says:

to the person above that feels that it’s all hopeless. IT IS NOT. I have seen days of deep deep feelings of hopelessness. I know that hellish place. BUT, there is a thread to hold on to and though you cannot imagine it can ever get better, it can and will if you hold on and keep calling out to God. He has a special plan for your life and He will bring it to fruition. Trust Him, even if by the very smallest of faith, because that is enough.

April 21, 2013 at 7:43 am
(102) David Dragon says:

Bi-polar is overdiagnosed to be sure, a recent darling of the pharma industry. However, it is a mediacl condition requiring medical treatment and to suggest otherwise is irresposible and indicative of the social stigma that comes with menatl illness. Suggesting that meds can be dispensed with is as irresposible as telling an alcoholic that controlled drinking is possible.

June 11, 2013 at 10:11 am
(103) mia says:

this isnt the first time ive heard people scoff at bi polar disorder i dont take meds ive tried a bunch of things they dont work i didnt use to be this way and it drives me mad sometimes but the pills they give keep me doped up to much i cant function and when and when they try adjusting it makes me hormonal so i choose no meds ive tried religion cant clear my head enough for meditation and dieting and or eating healthy for long periods just so happens to be a trigger makes me manic i see now back in old days why ppl were so desperate they where willing to do electric shock therapy if i thought it would help id beg for it

June 15, 2013 at 3:33 am
(104) Bryn says:

I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2006. My symptoms first appeared in 2003 (I was 22), although I did suffer from a major depression episode when I was between 10-11. From what I remember on one file, apparently I also exhibited some schizo-affective symptoms.

However, I managed to put myself through college, work and practicum with a fairly decent GPA (3.3) even though I experienced some heavy bouts of stress and mania. I was prescribed the lowest dose of Zyprexa (2.5mg/1x day), and I honestly never really faithfully consumed the medication. I went through a really dark time from 2008-Spring of 2009, wherein I made a vow to cease drinking alcohol for one year and commit to taking my medication.

I will honestly say that I do not believe that I consumed even 2 years dose worth of medication from 2006-now. I have not taken any medication in at least 2-3 years now. I honestly think all my medication did was help me to sleep, which in turn ceased my mania.

I have not experienced a depressive/manic episode in full since 2009 (right when I made my vow). I truly believe that I no longer suffer from Bipolar Disorder, and I definitely do not believe that medication is the end all. It certainly wasn’t for me. I have a decent job, I am engaged, and we are expecting our first baby and preparing for the future. i also pretty much eliminated my dependency on alcohol. Prior to pregnancy, I occasionally consumed the odd beer or two, or cocktail. It honestly holds no weight in my life, pretty much whatsoever.

June 22, 2013 at 2:32 pm
(105) Dolorina J. Babauta says:

I have been diagnosed with Bipolar since 1991. It’s a terrible thing to go through. But I find consolation in praying the rosary. There is no cure they say so all you can do is take your medication and try your best to believe in yourself and love above all. Swimming is one of my exercise routines that helps the side affects of medication like fidgeting. Avoid alcohol as much as possible and don’t isolate yourself from family and friends. They love you and want you to be happy. Keep praying and have hope. Pope John Paul said ” Rest in the shade of prayer”.

May the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mary protect and guide you.

July 13, 2013 at 7:28 pm
(106) Dave Terrell says:

I personally found healing through our Lord Jesus Christ. How do we get close to him? Every one has there own story but I found literature: Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

July 26, 2013 at 8:47 pm
(107) Renia says:

Yes, there is a cure for bipolar disorder. I cured mine, and I did it without medication. When I was put on medication, it actually made the disorder more difficult to manage because, not only was I now fighting the symptoms of the “illness,” I was also fighting the side-effects of the medication. I was more irritable and less able to control my moods, constantly having to pop a pill to ease my nerves. I could go into more detail, but this is not the place for that.

One day, I took myself off the medication. I realized that my symptoms were simply the result of skewed thinking. I was moody because I jumped to conclusions about the causes of events in my life. I made assumptions rather than investigating the realities of situations I encountered. I made judgements about people rather than taking the time to get to know them.

I was able to overcome my “illness” through reflection and by actively practicing patience. I learned that once I understood something, it no longer affected me, so, to this day, if something upsets or irritates me, I research endlessly until Im able to see a new, positive perspective. I’ve taught myself not to get my hopes up too easily and to remain practical about potential outcomes. I also have put tremendous effort into reading others, because, before, I put my trust in people, with no criteria whatsoever, with which to assess whether or not a person was worthy of trust. It cost me a lot of happiness as I found myself being screwed over by friends, employers, and advice-givers. I learned to trust myself, first and foremost. I learned that just because something is good for one person, doesn’t mean it will be good for me.

Etc. etc. etc. My point is, this disorder can be treated by changing your way of thinking. Simple at that.

August 2, 2013 at 12:14 pm
(108) Jordan says:

I haven’t actually been diagnosed with Bipolar as such but I have constant episodes of depression, hyperactivity and anger. Usually my depression lasts for about a week, hyperactivity a day or two and anger a few hours. I’m too scared to see a doctor or ask anyone for help or a trip to the doctor in case I get labelled as ‘insane’ and carted off to a asylum. Friends and family have noticed a difference in behaviour (especially friends) and I sometimes have an episode of depression or anger and then walk back into a room thinking as if nothing happened. Can someone say anything about this? Thanks.

August 5, 2013 at 10:55 am
(109) Me says:

Your poor judgment and ignorance of the power and ability of God the Father, God the Son, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit make you less than Him.

1. It is written, “All thing are possible to him that believes.”
2. Further, it is written, “With man this is impossible, but with God, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.” (my own emphasis added).
3. The Lord God Almighty’s Name is Jehovah-Rapha, which means, “The Lord who heals you.”
4. . In Psalm 103, it is written, “He heals ALL our diseases.”
5. Read 100′s of more healing scriptures and believe them please.
6. Your ignorance isn’t helping people everywhere seek the Lord for their healing rather than an about.com article writer who speaks falsehood.

The answer is, “Of course anyone can be healed of Bipolar Disorder!”
Of course! ”

Does the Lord desire, want and long for you to be healed of whatever disease you believe you have for life? Of course he does and He will.

Simply call on His Name and ask Him to heal you. He will do it.
It may take years, months or hours, but you must follow Him. He is the One and Only God with a cure for your death and disease.

Pray, “God, if you’re real, and if you can heal me, then come into my life, I will follow you forever and ever, amen. Mend me from a broken heart too. In Jesus’s Name I pray.

Also, pray, ” I belive that you died and rose again on the third day, and the reason you died in my place was so that I could be saved from eternal death, hell and destruction.

I choose you as my Lord, my God, My Master, My Ruler, My Healer, My Savior and My God. I repent of all of my wrongdoings. and I seek Your help in my life. Teach me to obey You and find eternal Life within me, in the Kingdom of God. In Jesus’ precious Name I pray!

August 14, 2013 at 1:00 pm
(110) Ahamed says:

Please give me adviceIam from india and my brother is suffering from BP
this is his 4th time having BP in just 4 years of time last 3
Times he was calm praying For his sins but this time
He has become aggreesive and not listening to anyone
Always arguing with my mother for hours nad hours

He is not taking medication
Please help my email Id is shaik.ahamed89@gmail.com
In india we dont have talk therapy or anything like that
He is not taking medicine he is becoming aggressive

Please email your advices in this case please

November 4, 2013 at 5:40 pm
(111) Adam says:

I’m a long term sufferer of BP and I’ve come to terms that it’s going to affect me for the rest of my life. All I can do is try to minimize collateral damages when I have an episode.

I’m pretty insulted by people claiming GOD and prayer BS can fix it. Let’s be serious; you’re a part timer or you THINK you have it if it was such a simple answer. You have a small head cold and got fixed with a few Panadol and you dare compare yourself to cancer sufferers?!?!

If you have BP, and I mean REALLY have it then you’d know you’ve got it for life, you can’t control when it happens or what brings it on. It can be days, weeks or months without an episode, but the longer it goes, the worse it ends up being and it always……always finds you.

December 19, 2013 at 1:04 pm
(112) Greg M says:

How I Cured My Bipolar Disorder
I read that omega-3 was being used for psychiatric disorders and gave it a try for myself. It didn’t work, but I noticed that after 13 years my urine had no calcium sediments in it anymore. Before omega-3 supplements any extra calcium I ate showed up as extra urine sediment. I then read that calcium was important for proper neuron function and added calcium supplements to my diet think that I might not be getting enough. I increased the amount until I started seeing calcium sediments in my urine again. My mental symptoms stopped then. I believe the mechanism for the success of omega-3 is through its ability to allow the body to maintain a higher blood level of calcium. Higher calcium levels are known to reduce the level of excitability of neurons. Perhaps omega-3 allows the kidneys to reabsorb calcium to a level that satisfies all the body’s requirements.

December 19, 2013 at 4:09 pm
(113) _____ says:

When some one searches for his required thing, so he/she desires to be
available that in detail, so that thing is maintained
over here.

January 26, 2014 at 10:01 am
(114) Lulu says:

Sick Building Syndrome is well documented to be linked to Bipolar so maybe the cure is to remove the cause?

January 28, 2014 at 2:48 pm
(115) Marcia Purse / Bipolar Disorder Guide says:

I was unable to find any documentation regarding bipolar and sick building syndrome. If you see this, please email me at bipolar@aboutguide.com with internet links to the documentation you mentioned.

February 13, 2014 at 5:19 pm
(116) Loly says:

Bipolar is a spiritual disease. If you have been diagnosed you are most likely deemon possesed. Go to a local pastor and have him anoint you with oil and pray the demons out of you

March 21, 2014 at 3:34 pm
(117) Jonathan says:

Bipolar disorder is curable, at least sometimes. I used to have rapid cycling bipolar I with mixed episodes and I found out that it had an underlying cause of severe post-traumatic stress disorder. Once the PTSD was resolved all symptoms vanished, which also included multiple panic attacks every day for over eight years. It’s all 100% eliminated and I’ve had no bipolar symptoms whatsoever for seven years now, and I’ve had no panic attacks. I haven’t taken any medications in a long time also, and know I’ll never need them again. To get an idea of what I overcame, I was hospitalized twice in the past, suicidal several times, and made three suicide attempts. It’s all 100% gone forever and I have zero doubts that any of it will ever come back because the underlying cause was identified and resolved.