The Bottom Line
Great insights for adult readers.
- Excellent look at depression and mania
- Gets inside a bipolar mind
- Story quickly grabs interest
- Graphic language and sexuality may trigger
- Not for young readers
- Excellent description of the thoughts and actions of a person who has no idea he is bipolar.
- Could help someone understand how undiagnosed bipolar disorder can cause bizarre behavior.
- Also displays well why the manic-depressive person may resist treatment.
Guide Review - Neural Misfire - by Jeff Kazmierczak
"Neural Misfire" by Jeff Kazmierczak really held my attention, and I looked forward to picking it up again each evening. The story of college freshman Kevin Mortin is based upon the author's own experiences. I was glad to see that in the preface, Mr. Kazmierczak is careful to tell readers that this story was of *one person's* bipolar disorder and that every manic-depressive person is unique. Let me stress again, though, that this is not for younger readers.