The Bottom Line
Well worth reading to gain insights into the effect on a whole family when a child is bipolar.
- Tone is defensive at times
- May be triggering to some readers
- Best-selling author shares the tough details of her bipolar son's life and suicide at the age of 19.
- Portrays lot of good reasons NOT to commit suicide if you love your family.
- Illustrates possible devastating effects of manic depression on a bipolar person and the family.
Guide Review - His Bright Light: The Story of Nick Traina - by Danielle Steel
Best-selling author Danielle Steel leaves the realm of fiction for the hard truths of her son Nick's short and tumultuous life. In spite of all his family's efforts to secure effective treatment for his manic-depressive illness, Nick took his own life at the age of 19. Ms. Steel decided to share his story to help others.