Please be aware that this material contains the personal experiences and opinions of consumers and in no way should be construed as medical advice.
Posts may have been edited by the Guides for spelling, grammar or clarity.
To read the entire discussion, click the link following each quote.
How Well Does Lithium Work For You?
- I have been on Lithium for a year now and I wouldn't change medicines for anything else.
- For me lithium works so very well I'd not trade it. I don't get any side effects from it.
- I have been on lithium for just about 5 years. I didn't like it at first, but now, it is great.
- I didn't like it at first, but a friend who knew about drugs said to give it time, that it can take the body a while to adjust ... My life is so..ooo much better now. No major mood swings. My mind is alert and I feel solid and peaceful. I can make plans for 6 months ahead of time and keep them.
more from Julie
- I've been on Lithium for over six years, and it's really been a miracle in my life. I tell my family I could feel my body's sigh of delight when I took my first dose!
- LITHIUM - This was the first drug I tried for bipolar disorder. It made my hands shake, made me forgetful, and had a bunch of other random side effects. However, I would have learned to live with the side effects if the thing WORKED! As it was, I kept getting manic and depressed.
- Lithium was too hard for me to take. I hated it. I didn't really see any benefit from it.
- Lithium may work for some, for me it was disaster. Mental confusion, unable to concentrate, acne which has not gone away after two years, enlarged thyroid and hypothyroidism. It did nothing for my bipolar II disorder.
- Part 1: How Well Does It Work For You?
- Part 2: Dosage Experience
- Part 3: General Side Effects
- Part 4: Specific Side Effects
- Part 5: Lithium and Weight Gain