- Walking briskly up and down a hallway (I hit a wall turning around)
- Standing still with eyes closed (wavery!)
- Maintaining balance when nudged forward, back, left and right
- Tandem walking (heel to toe) in a straight line (the "drunk driver" test)
The questions that day included:
- Are you sleeping more or less? (More)
- How is the quality of your sleep? (Uneven but improved)
- Is your sleep interrupted? Do you get up in the night? (Sometimes / no)
- Any change in libido? (No)
- Any irritability? (No)
- Worrying? Guilt? Regrets? (No)
- Suicidal or self-harm thoughts? (No)
- Any change in appetite? (No)
During the week that followed my September 14th appointment I noted the following highlights - and "lowlights":
- 9/15 - I'm no longer grinding my teeth fiercely and constantly.
- 9/16 - Bad back pain for the first time in several days, but it responded well to ibuprofen.
- 9/17 - Got 12 1/2 hours sleep Friday night. Saturday evening I went into an absolute RAGE when Mom startled me yelling, "SALAD!" over and over again until I acknowledged. (I kept the rage to myself, though - didn't take it out on her.)
- 9/18 - Journaling about garden design, I descended to the point of "I'm a failure," but then worked myself completely up and out of that trough within a short time.
- 9/19 - Once again had trouble getting comfortable at bedtime. My body seems to weigh a ton; I can't just turn over, I have to make a conscious effort to haul myself into a new position. Also, blew my top again when Mom did the "salad!" routine.
- 9/20 and 9/21 - Got very enthusiastic about garden design. Creativity flows!
Time, I guess, will tell.